Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Egr valve

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭thefa

Don’t want to start a new thread but have a similar issue. 2011 Leon which I brought into the garage and was tilde the EGR valve needs replacing plus the glow plugs. Been quoted €1500 + VAT. Puts it down to using only VW parts as aftermarket parts tend to have issues.

Have rang a couple of garages and the price seems in the normal range. Are my only real options to go through with it or have it removed/remapped? See websites offering cleaning but presume it is beyond that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭Shoog

I would suspect that the glow plugs are the reason your egr clogged in the first place. To not get it done at the same time as your egr would be a false economy. The glow plug replacement is likely a substantial part of the overall bill as they can be a real pain to access and new ceramic glow plugs are not cheap. Failure analysis at VW will have identified this as a root cause of EGR failure and a service not will have been sent out to all service centres.

Advertisement