Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people here have a landline?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Can I ask you what Broadband service you have?

I can get a mobile signal here but it is really poor and involves a hike, so I will not pay extra for a mobile account.

I was in touch with Amazon today as I was thrown off for not being able to receive a text. A very nice, but not really helpful person actually told me that I was going to continue having problems, this was different to the previous few who got me back into my account yet when I tried to remove my old English mobile number I was told to enter the code sent by text.

Woe is me it seems, it looks like the end of the road for all the Chinese tat, the stuff that wasn't as described, the lights that need rubber gloves and wellies to use safely or should have a warning to epileptics about "strobe effects".

Somehow I think the loss of Amazon is a blessing in disguise.

The bloke at Amazon was very security aware, he took his job very seriously, but couldn't seem to figure out that the fact that people use a single product to phone and use the internet rendered the system less secure than my banks use of a dongle here or a landline voice synthesiser giving the security number out by my UK bank.

I wonder how disabled people manage? If I were desperate I can take my laptop to a mobile signal along with a phone, but it's a pity that people with sight or mobility problems wouldn't have that option as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think it’s Premier Talk , which is probably uk only.

Advertisement