Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Jocelyn - Tuesday 23/Wednesday 24 January 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

5pm Gusts

Malin Head = 109 kmph

Athenry = 74 kmph

Mace Head = 93 kmph

Valentia = 80 kmph

Belmullet = 91 kmph

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭highdef

Strong breeze in Longford now. I'd say the gusts are gale force. My barn didn't fare too well from Isha so let's see if there'll be more roof down after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Picking up in cork city tbh, wasn’t really expecting much but gusts are strong enough and hear that “high up” wind again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,575 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There's a Jocelyn Street in Dundalk so i'm half expecting a tree to come down in it. Not very windy at all as yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wouldn't say they are never ending. It's just since they started naming them, and giving them colours, that you are concentrating on them more and they are being counted.

In the past, some of them would just have been very windy days.

• Advertisement

Winds have certainly picked up in west Galway in the past few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

The wind was unexpectedly strong between 7-8am this morning in W Dublin. Serious gusts making it difficult to walk or open doors. I didn't think the wind was due til evening. Calmed down then in daylight.

There was a bad squall then again at around 4 pm. I was on the N4, and it was very difficult conditions. Got home find my back garden is full of medium-sized branches from my neighbour's tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Mace head gusting 63 knots (117 km/h) at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Deep dive is up on YouTube if yous wanna watch

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bad enough in Donegal since about 3, I can see how Malin is getting those gusts. Bit of a lull here after a very squally shower.

Hoping the power stays on, went off for about 18 hours Sunday night / Monday. Still some people near me with none.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Really sorry to see that. Fierce hassle. Babysitting one here and promising myself its the first job I'll get someone in for once the weather improves. Did go up a ladder on Sunday afternoon but came down fairly lively again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Some very strong gusts in North Dublin at the moment.

Shannon Airport reporting a Squall at 6pm. Not often you see it on the metar

EINN 231800Z 24037KT 8000 SQ RA FEW016 BKN030 12/08 Q1002 NOSIG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Arriving into Dublin airport around 11.30 tonight, could be interesting 😊

Yeah definitely a major wind increase since before 6pm in Galway. Much louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Infact, I've never seen SQ on an Irish airport before, very unusual. Must have been quite the squall.

A mean wind of 37kts is nice and windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Same here in Antrim, came home to a tree down. Electricity gone all day - it’s flickering on and off now.

Gusts seem to be getting stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭pureza

Planes at DUB are actually landing no bother and some ahead of time

Fair play to the Pilots

Best in the business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭yagan

Cork harbour after getting fairly blustery after what seemed like an easing off.

Mace head 66 knots (122 km/h) at 7pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Very bit as bad as sunday here in north kildare. Blowing hard. Candles and soup in the flask ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Winds gusting very hard in the last 10 minutes here in SW Laois, the rain showers are passing very quickly at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Power gone again. I kind of feel sorry for the ESB. They are under pressure with two storms in quick succession

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Some fairly severe gusts here in East Cork. It has the dog on high alert anyway.

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Sorry to clarify. I dont have them in ths soup. They are on the table beside the flask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lights flickering Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

very windy here in Limerick. Maybe not as high gusts but more sustained.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 richardgreene

I'd well believe it. The PVC window in the sitting room here near Malin Head is bellowing more than Sunday night. And rain gushes in under the front door from time to time.

Oh I love a good storm...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone else in Galway City have their electricity go for a second and come back again? It seems where I am is dipping it and out

Advertisement