Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock collar ban?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

A certain Green minister at it AGAIN !

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TheEngineer1

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭lmk123

Absolutely stupid s**t, I have one for my beagle, she’s got shocked maximum 2 times in the last 3 years, it beeps when she gets close to the range and she knows then to turn back, dogs aren’t stupid and figure out things pretty fast, without it she’d be killed on the road the first 5 minutes, I suppose that would be more humane 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Used properly they are a vital and important training tool that in some cases can save the dog's life or another dog's. My Staffie X decided to have a go at my Golden Retriever once and had him in a lock on the back of his neck. One good belt from the collar ended that fight and any further aggression to the Golden or any other dogs. Like anything, it's a tool that needs to be employed properly and not used as some people imagine it as a remote control for your dog.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭JP22

Call me cynical if you want, but

Paper never refuses ink; Politicians’ never refuse a photo op and some are good for a leak, when it suits their cause.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The cynic in me says with elections looming you're going to see more and more politicians with stories like this as they "get their name out there" because any publicity is good regardless of the content.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I'm so sick of these clowns, the next general election can't come soon enough....

Those collars are an important tool for training and control purposes. I'll lash off an email, although we'll probably need a few hundred emails, to counteract the looneys, who think we're torturing or dogs in basements somewhere 🙄🤬

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement