Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me why I don’t buy

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭dr.dundrum

Other than the airport runway proximity, do you guys think this area is really the worst considering the price? I just want to know what is wrong with this area

To be honest I’m planning to go up to 400-450K under current market conditions if I think about a house rather than an apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Go have a walk around the area some nice evening. Particulary less than 5 mins walk down towards carlton way and walk around there, if you dare. Even the trees there have crash barriers. I personally wouldnt live anywhere near there, just because I would not want to raise kids around there, but if you dont mind the area then go for it. At the end of the day that road looks fine to live on, but around it there are much worse areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

I saw several houses in the 300-375 bracket in nice areas with excellent amenities plus good public transport links to airport and city centre. If you search in a higher price range there will be more choice. If you are not familiar with an area, you need to visit at different times, research transport links, shops, parks, services and facilities etc then decide if you prefer an apartment or house. For many people the location is more important and the choice between house or apartment is secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It has IMO the best cinema in Dublin, as well as close proximity to a lot of great bars and restaurants if that's your kind of thing.

The square itself though would break your heart. Had so much promise when it was being redeveloped but has turned into a thoroughfare for a lot of junkies and beggars. Never seems to look clean too no matter how much it's actually cleaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Agree about the bars and restaurants - its a very lively area and gets lots of tourists. Great place to live if you enjoy the constant hustle and bustle of the city centre, don't mind traffic noise/fumes/litter, like shops and cinemas in walking distance and don't need to have a car or parking. TBF that particular apartment was very nice, bright and spacious with the large roof terrace but the views of the surrounding rooftops wouldn't appeal to everyone. Also management fees were steep at +4k so an extra €330+ monthly on top of mortgage. Better options elsewhere imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement