Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party boat party in May

Options
  • 10-01-2024 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all, I am maid of honour for a friend and planning hen party for early May. My friend mentioned she didn’t want the usual hen party activity of csi find the groom or sports day etc because she has done a few of them over past 12months at others hen parties, what do people think of a boat party in the west in early May? There is a bar and music option of DJ or own playlist, a dance floor and option to bring our own catering and indoor and outdoor option on the boat if weather is crap,have people been on them before,are they fun or annoying? Have a group of 20 hens between 30 and 40 yrs old, is that time of year crap for this activity if the boat is rocky etc, any feedback much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Is it an exclusive hire boat with just the hen party? That would definitely make a difference to me over one of those boat trips in Carrick on Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Yes it’s exclusive hire of the boat for 2.5 hours, in the after noon,so was thinking, check into hotel mid day, everyone meet for a bite to eat and a drink, and then to the boat for 2.5 hours with drinks and music, back to hotel to get ready for dinner and out for dinner and drinks for the night then

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chacha11

Did you ask her what kind of thing she likes?

A boats alright.

However if I was getting married, I'd tell my maid of honour exactly what I wanted for a hen party.

I would personally want a spa day followed by a party. Everyone wants different things.

Ask her.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Madd002

Did the same down west for our sisters hen, was 20 of us at start of April,wore nice jeans, pumps & dressy sailor style tops with hats, food & drink on boat, then dressed up in dresses no theme for dinner bk at hotel drinks and dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭chacha11

I personally wouldn't like my hen party on a boat.

Everyone has different tastes. It's important to ask the bride.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Madd002

Its just part of the hen, no different to the usual, cocktail making, naked guy drawing, spa or other hen activities, it wasn't a small boat we did the games, questionnaires while having lunch & drinks, synced music on board for a bit of dance as well no sea sickness as it was up a fjord so no waves sloshing against the boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

That may be but I'd be the same as the previous poster in that it wouldn't be for me. And neither would the naked guy drawing or cocktail making (just been to too many). However I love a spa day so that would sound like heaven. I think it completely depends on the person who's hen it is. If it's something that they might enjoy, great. Also the OP could just ask them what kind of hen they want & then organise that. I don't get this idea of it being totally up to the bridesmaids to figure out - it's the brides hen. Doesn't have to be a surprise. In fact, personally, I'd hate that!

Advertisement