Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Shooting

Options
  • 10-01-2024 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking for advice on something. Part of our land is forestry and across the road is a Coillte forestry. We've never given permission for shooting on our land and it hasn't been a problem until recently. Over the Christmas period we've had lads out shooting in the forestry on both sides of the road. They were also walking up and down the road with guns ready to shoot.

We thought it was a one off and did nothing the first day. They came back a second day and I went down and told them that we had given no permission for shooting on our land. Was basically ignored and told they were doing no harm. After that I checked with Coillte whether they had given permission. That was a resounding no and they asked for details which I said I didn't have. They came back a third time and I approached them again to say they had no permission from either landowner. Same response, pretty much told to **** off and it's a free country.

Got pictures of the reg plates and even pictures of some of the hunters. Subsequently found out that one is definitely a member of the local gun club so surprised at the behaviour. My question is, should I go to the local gun club and raise it with them or just go directly to the guards? I don't want to see people lose their firearm licence but also I don't want them on our land and I sure as hell don't want a claim off the farm insurance if one of them gets injured.

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement