Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2025 - Not voting for FF/FG/SF

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

You object to dishonest but post dishonestly all the time, then run to the mods if anyone says boo to you. Jog on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I am sick of an ever increasing government driven cost of living

I am sick of high taxes for worsening services

I am sick of working hard to see spending power decreases

I am sick of the government working for anyone except working people

I am sick of the government throwing more and more money at a problem instead of trying to fix root causes, or reduce spend

I am sick of stealth taxes

I am sick of being told we have international obligations

I am sick of a government who uses GDP only as a measure of success

I am sick of squandering record corporate tax take on bullshit measures which only drive inflation

I am sick of no investment in infrastructure

I am sick of hearing about the metro north

I am voting independent or noone, I am sick of the lot of them.

Nah sheer ambivalence has resulted in a lost generation to the welfare trap. And it's probably too late for most of their kids.

Throw money at it and ignore the problem, the Irish politicians way.

The Irish Media don't want welfare reform. I reckon an awful lot of the public would be on board now.

People are sick of working hard for less then the non working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Is Aontu the closest thing? They're pro EU but want it to change a bit.

They're not in favour of the mass immigration either especially with so many social issues we can't control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

The original campaign was in 2017 going after welfare fraud. Had a confidential website and telephone number to report. From all reports it was far from a success. People in 2017 seemed just as sick as they are now of welfare cheats but I don't expect any party to run another campaign.

It seems to be the mentality when you see people like the Healy Rae and Lowry still in government yet are known to be fiddling the system for years. Didn't one of the Healy Rae ask for people to pay money so they could run in an election? this is the guys who are millionaires and award contracts to themselves for roads etc.

I think with a proper campaign we might see a different story, but media would savage it.

You might well be right, most are too busy keeping their head above water to do the governments job for them. Typical FG outsourcing responsibility

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have never reported any poster in my life. Another falsehood. You just hate being caught out continuously.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Toibin is still a shinner deep down and would still be with them if it wasn't for the disagreement about abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

They've a more reasonable approach towards immigration though. It's crazy how out of touch with the population every main stream party is. Independents might run away with this next election.

• Advertisement
Advertisement