Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POLL: Sunday Independent/Ireland Thinks . Rise for SF and IND/Others.

Options
  • 06-01-2024 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

POLL: Sunday Independent/Ireland Thinks

(Jan 5-6, MoE 2.7%)

Sinn Féin 30 (+2 in a month)

Fine Gael 20 (-1)

Fianna Fáil 17 (-2)

Social Democrats 5

PBP-Solidarity 3 (-1)

Labour 3 (-1)

Greens 3

Aontú 3

Inds/others 17 (+3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Increase is less than the MoE.

What's our point? These polls appear weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I expect due to SF going up this has to be shared across all media.

When SF don't go up then we should forget about it

At some stage people will realise an opinion poll is not an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

I am going to add the poll taken this time last year and what difference it makes

POLL: Sunday Independent/Ireland Thinks

(Jan 5-6, MoE 2.7%) -------- ----- (Jan 5-6 2023 MoE 3%) ........+/- in a year

Sinn Féin 30 (+2 in a month).. . . .. . . 32 .. . . . . .. . . . . . -2

Fine Gael 20 (-1) . . . . . . . . . . . 25 . . . . . . . . . . . -5

Fianna Fáil 17 (-2) . . . . . . . . . . . 16 . . . . . . . . . . . +1

Social Democrats 5 . . . . . . . . . . . .. 3 . . . . . . . . .. . +2

PBP-Solidarity 3 (-1) . . . . . . . . . . . 4 . . . . . . . . . . . -1

Labour 3 (-1) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 . . . . . . . . . . . 0

Greens 3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4 . . . . . .. . . . . -1

Aontú 3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3 . . . . . . . . . . . 0

Inds/others 17 (+3) . . . . . . . . . . . 10 . . . . . . . . . . +7

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

İndependents the big winners over the past year so.

As things stand there's no clear path to government for any party or combination thereof. Unless someone wants to do a deal with a ragtag bunch of independents that will likely fall apart in short order.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,371 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

SF, Free houses and other fables.

The fact that anyone feels like voting for those scam artists shows how stupid most people are.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Pray tell, o wise one, who should the plebs vote for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭podge3

Any party who are not closely associated with terrorists, criminals, Garda killers etc. Might also help if the party has at least some idea of how to run a country, rather than just rabble rousing from across the Dail chamber.

Give me a name.

The establishment parties and the media have been banging that drum for years, yet SF have only gotten more popular. New thinking is needed, and a new approach, it is clear that a substantial portion of the electorate have had enough of the same old, same old.

Anyone who's policy isn't to drive jobs from the country and give wishy washy assurances that everything will be better if we just let them run the damn country already.

I take it you are including yourself in ranks of the "plebs" you mentioned? Just returning the favour of being condescending and dismissive.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Free houses? Ever hear of HAP - invented by FF/FG to give out free houses?

• Advertisement

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Ah so it's "assistance" when FF/FG hand out free houses and rig the property market in favour of high rents for the FF/FG landlord class.......Thanks for that clarification.

I've no affiliation with the current shower and I have a lot of issues with them but Sinn Fein will drive jobs out of this country with their plans to raise corporate tax rates. That will ruin Ireland without a shadow of a doubt.

We've spent most of our history exporting people, these days people come here to work thanks to foreign companies basing themselves here.

We have no natural resources to fall back on, for this alone Sinn Fein should be considered dangerous, they won't need to magic houses out of nothing because people will be fleeing the country in their droves.

FF FG are bad, SF would be a disaster of unthinkable proportions, but by all means let's put them in power as a protest against the status quo.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

The hysteria from the ABSF crowd is as predictable and hilarious as ever.

It'll be a SF/FF govt, possibly with some friendly independents.

You'd think FF being involved would placate the ABSF crowd slightly, but no.

Oh, I didn't realise it was SF policy to drive jobs from the country, you'll have to direct to that part of their manifesto, please.

You got me, well done you.

"...how stupid most people are" - I'd consider that condescending and dismissive, hence my response, but maybe that's just me.

Do you honestly believe SF are going to turn Ireland into a utopian paradise?

Anyone promising the sun moon and stars should be easy to identify as a charlatan, if you can't see that you're going some way to proving my point.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Green party 3% .

Absolutely scandalous that such a micro party has government ministers and hold power to make changes affecting us all

Roderic OGorman for example. Totally and completely out of his depth.

No hysteria required.

SF are a basket case posing as a reasonable alternative to the current government.

The current shower have created a situation of unbelievable inequality that is pushing people towards anyone but them.

Lest we forget Sinn Fein history of criminality terrorism and general reticence to adhere to the legal norms of this state.

Only last year Jonathan Dowdall was in court admitting his involvement in the set up of the Regency Hotel shooting, and this from a guy who used his SF connections to the IRA to intimidate people to the point where the and his father water boarded a man in his garage.

Some things are bad (current government for example) but other things are demonstrably worse and Sinn Fein fit that description.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

An interesting take away from that poll was that over half of respondents (52%) did not condemn the arson attacks on proposed DP centres.

Sinn Fein got popular by telling everyone what they want to hear

Wnat houses? we will give you house

Want money? we will give you money

What healthcare? we will give you healthcare

Then you ask a simple question. "How Sinn Fein?"

It all falls to pieces then. Some people are stupid enough to think Sinn Fein have a magic money tree and they will get a free house, more money in pocket and perfect health system. The rest of us have a bit of cop on

• Advertisement

"hysteria", "fear", "hatred"

This is what you post across multiple thread yet you refuse to discuss the Sinn Fein policies. Says a lot when you spend so much time defending Sinn Fein yet are incapable of discussing the benefits of their policies.

That's how an election works

The Green Party are getting the brut of the atack from people, a lot of the time for stuff they never did. E.g.

Shutting of ESB plants? done by FG and FF government before

Turf ban? this was planned to happen in 2019 only FF and FG couldn't agree on how fast

Really is it scandalous the amount of small parties have gone into government and afterwards are blamed for everything that people think went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Carlito Brigantes Tale

Greens on 3% is 3 too much..

Frightening to think so many people still believe after 12 years of complete and utter failure on every single metric that FG are the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Very true.

It's the Irish Way.

Always looking for a scapegoat.

I don't vote FG but can you back up they have been a "complete and utter failure on every single metric" please?

Health service

Housing

Rental

Justice

Immigration

Climate

Public transport

Mental health services

Etc...

Failure.

FG are the party of failure.

That's just a list of items, Can you list out what metrics you used to say they have failed over the 12 years?

Example in terms of home ownership rates they are up over the 12 years, so that's why I ask what metrics

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

A party at 3% or 5% shouldn't be permitted to join a coalition. In this case the coalition of the unwanted. The two parties who even themselves said joining together was not in the interest of the Irish public. They clearly don't have any mandate! Nobody voted for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Advertisement