Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfer thread - What to do with AFCON/AFCAC players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Any thoughts on using the free hit? Seriously considering it as it gets let's me keep Bowen, Salah, TAA etc. long term and allows a punt on Haaland, as I can ensure a good bench in case he's a no show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I had thought about it - reasons not to do it would be:

Who am I bringing in that I actually trust to perform and return a decent score that justifies playing the FH. What mid field players do you want? what strikers do you want. No one really has form.

How many points do you reckon the FH is worth, in order for it to be worthwhile playing? If you can get 10 players with a -8 is that better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

-4 to field a possible 11 if Nkunku recovers to feature: TAA & Salah to Estupinan & Foden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Well a -8, and playing 10 players such as Gordon, Solanke, with no subs versus a possible Estupinian, Odegaard, Doku, Foden, JPedro, Haaland FH team with suns if needed.

I'd be hoping for a 20 point swing in total, half of which you'd be getting from hits and a full playing team alone. Spread the chances of any one of the above having a good week by having all of them.

Plus a chance to gain ground if Haaland plays. Put him as captain and have a solid vc.

Just think it may be a good risk week to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Went early on Bowen, burnt this time.

As someone who goes early on transfers to protect team value I'd disagree with a lot of the I told you so narrative. It's happens so rarely that you get burnt like this. I'd say it's 4 seasons since the last time, might have saved up to 5million over that period. A -4 could sort it out now. Worth it IMO but each to their own.

Not sure what to do here, will probably just leave as is, decision over whether to play Gordon or Braintwaite, probably Gordon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Exactly no one ever thinks of all the times it goes right which might allow you an extra 2 big moves per season maybe which could be huge.

You’re still not in bad shape (I’ve 6 flags myself so will likely need a -4 to get 10 out) because you’ve 2 subs that will definitely play so worse case scenario you’ve 11 fit players. Bowen and TAA injuries don’t sound serious so with 1 game in the next 3 weeks I think the play is to keep them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm thinking having 25% of my money tied up in Salah/Son is a waste of funds.

Might restructure so I can get EBH in for Alvarez in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any love for Ivan Toney?

I actually didn't until now. Tough run alright. He did score 2 against city last season and 1 against Spurs I think. Just thought people might want to get ahead of the curve. He could be highly owned by end of February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Hwang/Son to Diaby/Foden. Was set on Bowne and then JWP but with another game before their league game its hard to justify. Although KDB coming back is potentially bad news for Foden I think I'll be getting Son back for him soon anyway. Will leave Salah on the bench for this GW

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Without looking at the stats, I'd say that Toney has a good record in games where Brentford can sit back against the 'bigger' sides in a counter attacking fashion. Granted, those games would have included Mbuemo too.

Would be a luxury transfer for most people.

A lot will have Salah/Son/TAA/Bowen issues to resolve 1st.

Does he start, play 60 or come on for last 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Did Trent/Son to Perv/Foden for a hit

Reluctantly sold Trent but only have 2 definite defenders in Saliba and Porro

Lascelles and Taylor my other 2

Might take a hit.

Looking between Walker & Estupinan. Walker has a chance of a DGW in 25 which is very tempting but I already have double Man City. Estupinan has a longer run of favourable fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Estupinan in for trent. To get Trent back in I will have to get rid of Tripp.

I have no bench this week so need all eleven to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Salah to Saka.

I'll deal with Son next week. Dont think it worth a -4 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

People bringing in Foden - any concern over his minutes, now that KDB is back? I'm torn between bringing Foden in, or playing it more safe with Richarlison.

I pulled the trigger on an early WC so just mulling over options alongside Watkins and Alvarez/Haaland.

FWIW I do think Toney goes straight back into the starting 11.

Anything think Werner gets a start or decent minutes off the bench? Against a shaky Utd team and only 6.5m. Tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Not for a few GWs anyway, KDB was quoted himself during the week saying that his own minutes will be managed very tightly for a few weeks so I'd say Fodens minutes are more steady for another while. That's what swung me towards him over Jota.

Does anyone know if Nkunku will be back this weekend? I'm struggling to field 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Only have 10 definite starters this week so looking to do son out for a one week punt, don't know who for?

Then next week will do said player + one of Watkins/solanke/Raul for EBH

Any suggestions for this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Worried as well but will be getting Son back in few weeks so worth the punt I feel. KDB minutes will be managed and I think Foden will still play plenty

Chelsea head coach Mauricio Pochettino on Christopher Nkunku's injury: "I'm a little bit worried about the situation of Nkunku because it's now 10 days that he cannot train.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Salah for Foden and Son for either Richarlison or Groß i think.

Brentford Man City DGW 25 was confirmed then deleted but is confirmed again.

Might away me towards Walker over Estupinan now for the -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Calling all Bowen owners....are you starting him and hoping he's fit for next weekend, or just benching him?

I have Elanga as well who also seems to be out for a couple of weeks 😡

• Advertisement

If it was a full strength West Ham team, I'd start him and have my autosubs in the correct order.

But it's not and with Kudus & Pacqueta also injured/unavailable it means that if Bowen does start, he will be the primary (and virtually the only) source of West Ham attacks. This will allow defences to double up on him as they won't have to concentrate on others too. Now being the primary source of goals has its benefits too but I think it's 1 player too many missing in attack for WHU, and the creativity is lost with Paqueta too if Bowen is playing as the CF.

Advertisement