Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 Goals/Targets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Missed Point 5. Not exactly Dunsaughlin, but the Dublin 10K Champs in Garristown, on Sunday. The tail end of the storm, paired with tough hills on last 2 miles. Also no speed work to speak of this year, anyway reasonably happy with 42:30 on the day, and got a Team old lads gold for the efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

Slight update on these.

5k - I was injured for this so missed it.

10k - The Dundalk 10k was the weekend just gone by. I had actually been training for a 6 hour race on the same day so no speed work has been done at all. It was cancelled cos of Storm Kathleen so did the 10k anyway. Wasnt in shape for a PB and the storm made sure of that. Came in at 44:49, happy enough. I have thee DKIT 10k this day week. Wont be a PB there either. I reckon my best chance for this will be a local 10K in November.

Half - I am back in training for Newry. Will keep the mileage at about 35-40 miles a week and hopefully 2 speed sessions in there. Lets see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Had these goals for the year but never got around to typing them up.

Last Year I saw a PB in the 10k, 10 Mile and Marathon. I never got to run an official 5k, 5 mile or half marathon due to illness throughout the year so thats my goal for this year.

Already completed a PB in a parkrun this year (previous 23:38, new PB 22:35) so will see how close i can get to 20 mins on this.

Half Marathon PB from 4 years ago will be smashed this year providing i stay healthy haha.

Aiming for 3:45 in the Marathon this year, hit 3:54 last year a PB of 41 mins from the year before.

Other goals for me is completing a 50 mile race in June (hoping for between 8-9 hours) and hitting over 2000km for the year.

Hope everyone is keeping well

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

DKIT 10k came home in 43:06. Happy with a 1:43 improvement in 10 days, though the course and weather were more forgiving.

All in for Newry, 5 weeks. So 4 weeks of really hard training and speed sessions

Advertisement