Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 In Between Grand Slam Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Murray not going quietly......

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

He gave it a good go but ankle seemed to be bothering him towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He really had Machac on the ropes until that ankle injury right when he got back to 5-5. Machac seemed to get renewed confidence facing a wounded Murray and he won the last 4 points of the tie break very well. It really is an emotional rollercoaster when you're cheering on Murray 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Amazing he managed to play on if that's what he's done to it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not great preparation for 2024 for Djokovic splitting up with Ivanisevic at this point in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭tiegan

The two men's semi's in Miami - Sinner blew Medvedev out of the water, didn't make great viewing, but wow, Zverev vs Dimitrov was terrific - Dimitrov playing next level tennis - if he continues at this level the final should be interesting!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dimitrov is having a real purple patch recently. He has been going deep into a lot of tournaments. A pity he didn't do it sooner in his career, he certainly has the talent, but I wonder was his head swayed by the glamorous lifestyle and girlfriends, like Tsitsipas, Shapovalov and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wawrinka gets an hour on court in Monte Carlo where he won his only 1000 event. Is that goodbye I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭dublin49

Anyone know why the Rune match in the last 32 is scheduled after a last 16 match today.Seems unfair if Rune has to play 2 matches today he wouldn't be the first to play this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Unexpected final in Monte Carlo after Tsitsipas defeats Sinner and Ruud gets his first ever win over Djoko.

Nadal still rusty based on clips I saw of the match with De Minaur not surprising.

I had read Raducanu had hit a bit of form finally (good results at BJK).

Beating Kerber (who is now 36) decent, i am watching her now against Noskova (a tougher challenge i would think)...she absolutely tonked her in the first set 6-0, very impressive.

Raducanu through 6-0 7-5 impressive.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Think it's the first time she's won four consecutive matches since winning the US Open. Swiatek up next so no real pressure on her really, just swing away and you never know.

Garbine Muguruza has officially announced her retirement. No surprise really since she hasn't played since the beginning of last year. Strange career in a way, massive highs and massive lows, should never have lost that Australian Open final to Kenin.

Lovely to see Nadal getting a big win against DeMinaur in front of a home crowd.

Advertisement