Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posters past and present who impinge on your thoughts.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

+1 on this, as I often say, it really is the nicest corner of boards👍

The only problem with it tho, is that now I have 12 watches and no money 🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SynBin

I've been a keen reader of this site for a number of years now but rarely post, and usually only then to air my gripes about the very poor standard of English grammar and spelling I see here. My posts are so seldom that I even forgot my previous user credentials and had to register once again.

I always enjoy reading the many comments posted by one particular user, who's an ardent supporter of the vision of a united Ireland (we'll see if that comes to pass within the next 20 years) and the counter-arguments presented with an equal level of passion by a small number of enthusiastic posters. The fervent adherent of the concept uses the name of a troubled fictional character from literature (and from a film based on the book), while one of his main "adversaries" is obviously a Northern Irish unionist and yet another one would appear to be from the northwest of Dublin (judging by their user name).

I look forward to their ongoing debates in 2024, particularly as an election would seem to be inevitable and SF may or may not play a significant role in the next government.

I wrote that poor grammar is a bugbear of mine, so I'd like to point out to the fan of a united Ireland that "its" is the possessive form of it, not "it's" - e.g. the state and its laws (not it's laws). Oh, and the plural of party is parties, not party's. We can all learn from each other.

Happy New Year!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - We'll leave it at that.

Threads like this invariably end up with posters taking potshots at others, as is already happening. And discussing posters who are no longer on the site which is unfair.

Hilda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement