Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your Bargain of the Year 2023?

Options
  • 31-12-2023 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

For me it is my Amazon Prime subscription. I picked up so many Bargain items over the year and their delivery was always excellent.

For 2024 I would love a holiday bargain. They seem to have completely disappeared recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dyson hair dryer damaged unopened box was bargain of year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Best: Dyson airwrap with Black Friday deal. They sent me a limited edition brand new Dyson as out of stock of the refurb. (550e worth for 249!)

Other: Lor Coffee machine for 70e

Also got many “muffler” random Amazon deals, including Craghoppers and Adidas T-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,270 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cancelling Amazon prime. No more unnecessary buys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

haha I did the same. Just ordering stuff for the hell of it. Saved me a fortune 😂

Dyson hair dryer for me too. Girls were delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

€50 bikes when Argos closed. Actually got a good few bargains in the last week's of Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭thefa

There was the LG 55” OLED from Very earlier in the year that saved a few hundred. It’s a huge upgrade on what I had.

The NOW thread has massive cumulative savings. Saved a few hundred again this year. Best thread in my opinion and thankful for all those sharing on the codes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Acer Travelmate p2 laptop from Argos for €404 as far as I remember. Nothing else really stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

bottle of black barrel proof for €25 last week

irish times for 75 annual sub and english times €5 for 12months

free paramount, turkish netflix, apple one family sub, amazon prime

all the prime free and daily deal 99p kindle books

the steelseries mouse bought yesterday

Refurbished 11-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 128GB - Silver (2nd Generation) €579.00

ORSKEY Dash Cam

variety of muffler specials - particulalry motion sensing lights

mophie travel power kit - still available at about €6 - just bought another 2

variety of amazon devices - flex, smart plugs and echo dots

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Forgot about that Very LG OLED.

Got it for family member, what a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

A lot of above plus the Galaxy A33 5G (€160) from Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I was going to cancel it, but bargain for me was magically being a student and getting free for 6 months and then half price then on.

However, as of today, I've blocked access to Amazon on my phone, so if I need to buy something, laptop only (stops impulse purchases!)

On topic, bargain of the year was a work desk I got from Amazon. €90 down from €210 for a standing desk (height adjustable). Half the size of what I had I can actually fit my chair under it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

For me it was the Garmin Epix 2 during Black Friday on the website https://csmobiles.com/ someone recommended it via Boars thread. It took a month to get here, but massive saving. (altough I don't really need the watch that much tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Nintendo switch for £94 on amazon warehouse ! pretty much brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got married this year, so proper bargains - other than the the missus obviously - were few and far between.

€100 return flight to Tenerife next March wasn't bad however.

Best deals still to be had browsing Amazon Warehouse Deals tbh - this Smart Air Fryer Like New for about €60 wasn't bad: https://amzn.eu/d/fzj1h8t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I found the cheap Nintendo Switches so that one stands out, but I think the biggest bargain was the Samsung TVs which I just missed out on. The gaming mouse at the weekend was incredibly cheap, and I'm sharing a Peacock subscription for some PL football which is working like a dream via VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Don't do as I did a few years ago - spotted a cheap flight with Ryanair (€20 each way I think), opened 3 tabs on my browser - lined up the flights, lined up a hotel for a week, lined up a bus transfer from/to the airport, went click click click - and congratulated myself on a great deal!

It's only when I gave out yards to the shoulder-shrugging bus operators at Tenerife airport about there being no bus transfer as booked that I realised my bus and hotel were on Gran Canaria.

It was cheaper to book a local hotel for the week, and just write off the original hotel and busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Youtube pemium with VPN 4 euros a month

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Nintendo switch for about €100 on Amazon warehouse and the Jack Jones jeans (some near €11!), also on Amazon. Great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This for me as well. Beefed it up with more RAM and a harddrive in the spare slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭POBox19

L'Or Coffee machine + 150 coffee pods (mixed single and doubles) for €69.99. Still working through the pods.

YT Premium Argentina was 389 peso in November for 99c. Big increase in December to 869 peso now costs 98c.

Prophet Song, Paul Lynch 2023 Booker Prize winner on Kindle 99p.

Ongoing GoMo 9.99/month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

That stupid gaming mouse from the other day. Complete impulse purchase. Back up to £97 now!

The B&O Beoplay Portal headset that the young lad got off Santa. €500 in Harvey's, got it for £150 from Amazon.

There are also things like a Helly Hansen beanie that was reduced from £22 to £9. Didn't like it when it arrived, started a return, and they told me to keep it and refunded me anyway! Amazon are brilliant for things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

Very Rare Midleton for €185

Youtube Premium via India

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Free €90 turkey crown with the m&s sparks app and a cheap €23 (was €69) ham from Jwb on toogoodtogo app

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Kissy_Lips

If you hold off to the last minute like book in May for June etc the prices on the Eurocamp website tumble. Keep an eye out for a bargain.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

A free Dyson Airwrap from the Dyson Ebay store.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭StopWatch

You are Santa Claus in my house. The Switch find totally made our Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ECookie13

The Nintendo switches on the warehouse, as mentioned, the rest of the bargains were pretty meh tbh and nothing to write home about. Got 2 of those switches.

Advertisement