Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options
1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I definitely used my driving licence. Try your passport if license doesn't work.

Another option if all else fails is to open a UK Revolut, N26 or Wise account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Driving license isn't valid. It rejected mine and said they don't accept EU driving licences

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

Had the same issue with the vpn.

Used Nord in the end and worked fine.

AlAlso used irish drivers licence to verify curve account.

Passport should work. People in the north are entitled to an Irish passport

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I just noticed the 15% i had off in the store has now dropped to 10% and i think the same via the Revolut app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Mmm I didn't use a VPN setting up curve - I wonder is that what happened .

They are not accepting my driver licence now

What did you do after . The app is stuck looking for ID but it won't allow me change it now .

All it says is contact support 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Abhi0505

I raised an issue with Samsung customer care chat about the Disney Plus UK code. They arranged a callback from the Samsung tech team who gave me a Disney plus ireland code to redeem. Worth a try to save yourself from all this hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Abhi0505

Initiated via chat. They arranged a callback from tech support. On the call I told them the code is a Disney uk code and I need an Ireland one. They sent me a text with the Ireland code

• Advertisement

Same for me. Too late anyway at this stage at I just paid for Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I've tried via chat twice and they keep saying it's uk chatting support and nothing to do with them. What link did you use to get ireland chat support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Does anyone know if the "AI" grammar and spelling tool takes context from what's on the screen? It expanded information from the context of a message someone sent me in WhatsApp when filling in my response. That seems like a major issue if it's processing all that went before it rather than just what is in the input box.

I have chanced them as well - they came straight back saying UK only and couldn't get an Irish Code

Update available for download now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Any recommendations for a screen protectors the 24 ultra that won't interfere with the finger print scanner?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

15% off this weekend only via the Samsung website and they are still giving away a tablet plus the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

I boight the s24 ultra 1tb and Watch 6 44mm esch with trade in offers. After months of trying and a legal threat Macro EV have finally sent the 2nd envelope to trade in my broken device. The 1st one was sent back 2 weeks ago but no response from them yet.

Does anyone know will they accept an old S3 with a broken screen and no battery. It's motherboard is dead so it doesn't turn on. S.5.2 of the trade-in t&c's outlines trade-in devices must be in good working condition with battery and screen but does that apply to devices traded in as not working? Cheers.

There was a question you answered when order the phone. "does the device turn on". The answer to your question here depends on how you answered the question Samsung asked. If you said it powers on then they will expect it to power on. If you said it doesn't power on then I think you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Once you selected the any other device trade in for €250 it should be fine.

I sent in a similar phone, old S3 or S4 with smashed screen. Took a long time start to finish. I pre ordered in Jan I think, only got the envelope start of March, sent 6th March and received confirmation on 16th April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I haven't received any confirmation of trade-in phone being accepted - they received it 15th March. I did go for broken phone I think but it was working so…

Advertisement