Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭TheRona

I was contemplating the same at one stage. The Watch6 Classic 43mm was down to €330 at Curry's for a good while up until a few days ago, but has gone back to €430 now.

I'm still undecided about what to do. Have gone back to my Garmin, but the Google Assistant no longer works on it, which annoys me, and it's not as good for dealing with notifications/replying to messages. Much better battery life and fitness tracking though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Watch 7 is due to be launched in July so expect prices for the 6 to plumet soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Did the same.

Had it up for a day and took it down sold it to Cex.

For the sake of 20 quid not worth the hassle dealing some of the idiots on adverts/done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Got the email too that DPD will be delivering my watch soon. I haven't used a watch of any description in about 2 decades so interested to see what it's like.

Just on the Disney Plus thing. After having no luck with the code early on and no luck getting it working via Samsung Support or Disney Support I went down the road of Samsungs "Email the CEO" option. Replies were slow but eventually I got sorted with an Irish code that worked, no messing about with UK payment options or VPN. Could still be worth a shot for anyone who didn't manage to claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Testament1 did you have to send on your correspondence to the Samsung CEO from where you were trying to get the code? Where is the option to "Email the CEO" on the Samsung website? Thanks

• Advertisement

No didn't have to send my correspondence with the support agents, just sent on a screenshot of the Disney page rejecting the code.

If you go to the support section on Samsungs website then scroll down to the bottom you'll find another Support drop down menu and Email the CEO should be one of the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks Treatment1. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

For those that got free Disney Plus using a curve card .

Is it the curve app you download . Do you get a card number straight away via the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Yes you download the app and you get a card within 10 mins of setting up the account.

I believe the disney plus offer is over though. Finished at the end of March I think

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you availed of it via.claim you've until may to proceed.

• Advertisement

Do you give a UK address .

When I went to set it up , they were looking for proof of identity.

Did you upload something . It won't allow me past those checks .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I just gave a random post office as UK address.

Think I uploaded my driving licence, not 100% sure tbh.

Use fake or friends / family UK address. I used Irish Drivers license as proof of identity. They don't look for proof of address

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gandorelli

Can't send the email to CEO... Put my order ref. Number but email is rejected?

Any help with this?

AAhh ok, when I saw proof of ID , I was thinking it was to check the address .

I used the reference number from my chat with Samsung Support there.

Thanks, will try that way so.. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Finally got the email to say my watch is on the way to me

• Registered Users Posts: 29 barkerj

Heard back from Samsung/Macroev this morning - claiming there's a problem with my trade-in device, text copied below. They want €58 to make it right. This is complete nonsense, as I've never had a problem with the phone, and never noticed any issue with the microphone. Is there any point in disputing this? Do they respond proactively, or will it just be more frustrating, and will I wish I'd just paid the €58 to make them go away?

Unfortunately, after careful inspection we have found the following issue(s) with the device you are trying to trade-in.

(Faulty bottom microphone)

Due to the issue(s) highlighted above we cannot proceed with this trade-in based on the original discount/valuation we proposed as the trade-in device is worth less than what we had expected and it did not meet the fully working conditions you had agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Quote their own T&C's to them ( https://shop.samsung.com/ie/trade-in-terms-and-conditions ) and point out that you never had a problem with the microphone and you were able to make calls without issue so anything they have considered would be covered under normal wear and tear, also point out that there aren't any specific mentions to microphone requirements in the T&Cs so unless they can show proof you aren't accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 barkerj

Thanks, I've contacted them as per your advice. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for my buds/tag offer to be fulfilled - would failure to resolve matters with the trade-in stop them sending the items that I'm entitled to as per the offer? i.e. are the two systems linked somehow?

It didn't have any influence on my reward anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Looking for watch 6 classic 47mm anyone selling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Just to close this out, got an email today saying my trade-in was now accepted.

Strange how so many people were told that their trade in hadn't arrived yet. If I was a more cynical person, I'd suggest they are chancing their arm and if you can't show them proof it was delivered (if you didn't take note of the tracking number) then you're screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sent the broken phone back on March 5th, haven't heard a word back since. Also finding it pretty hard to sell the watch for 150

• Registered Users Posts: 41 SungSamsung

I got a response this morning, broken phone accepted with no issue for €250.

Relative had used it for years thrown in pockets with all sorts on building sites. Scratched to bits and doesn't turn on. Broken camera lens too. Doubt they'll keep that for next year's trade in.

I have a code for Disney but no way of using it

I tried the curve app but that was a no go . It would not accept a drivers licence for Irish residents . Now its stuck and I can’t verify an ID

Is there anything else that works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nearly sure I used my driving license. Could have been a passport though but I don't think it was.

Just sorted my disney today. Fluting around with VPNs , not all VPNs are the same as I've found disney.com / redeem are blocking some of them.

Bit of a pain in the hoop the whole process but sorted in the end. 12 months free.

Advertisement