Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran going nuclear or already there ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭brickster69

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Covid19

He's quite immature. With clearly little to do. Have you seen his post count? He is a "cut and paste" Queen, gleaning as much info as quickly as possible from as many sources as possible to give an impression of knowledgeability, but in fact has no real-world experience of either military, or indeed aerospace. His childish exchanges on the Ukraine war thread was the bane of every mod and it will be only a matter of time before he gets turfed out. Just hit Ignore.

Oh, and if you want to read what we are dealing with, just head over to any of the immigration threads.

A real classy guy.

40,000 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It is interesting the lack of a response by the US to the soldiers deaths.

I'd either be guessing they've spent the past few days moving things into position for a shock and awe style event or making sure they've enough logistical supplie lines sorted in case their response causes a further escalation.

Or behind the scenes, diplomats are doing their jobs and a solution is slowly getting worked out. I'd prefer this option over the more needless and inevitable deaths of civilians.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It looks like what ever happens it isn't going to be just a single strike and it's all done

Sounds like someone who doesn't actually post in any thread outside conspiracy theories cough Rona ,

Daddy says ......

That's worse than the old imaginary mate down the pub that was in the sas said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

There’s a serious amount of military planes in the sky over the US. I’ve filtered to military only

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Someone had previously said it could be end of month rotations. But I've no , could easily be logistical supplies etc.

All Eyes On Rafah

There's a mix of things going on Red Flag the biggest military aerial ops exercises is /has been taken place, then we have a large NATO exercise Steadfast Defender is taking place this week until May so there is a lot of stuff moving and that's before we get to the middle east and day to day stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Of course Iran was that 7th country on the list .... in 2001 Iran was moving with a moderate govt in the right direction ... then Axis of 'evil' speech ... same thing happened in 2018 .... Iran had just re elected a moderate president the year before and Teddy Foambrain pulled out of the JCPOA .... Foambrain tried for a war from then on until Covid halted his gallop and knocked the stuffing out of this oversized teddybear ....

I will qualify I am not a fan of Iran's current Paydari govt .... they shouldn't be even there .... but they are there because of Foambrain and his Republicans of Gilead warmongering braindead goons ...

Could Foambrain and co go to war and topple Paydari .... yes of course they could .... but what would Iran look like after Paydari are toppled within 1-3 months? ... Like IRAQ is what .... 20+ years of war, insurgency and terror would form .... a better idea would have been to support Iran's moderates and JCPOA .... but that would be too much to ask when a giant oversized braindead teddy was the POTROG ... someone needs to knock the stuffing out of this teddybear again ASAP methinks ....

Furthermore to last post .... I have seen a trend over the years wrt US wars .... the US is not an enemy anyone should want .... their record of obliterating regimes has been near 100% when you take out 2 major exceptions .... Vietnam and North Korea .... when they do decide to go to war .... contrast this with Russia/USSR .... Ukraine and Afghanistan were 2 disasters .... Russia still has not defeated Ukraine whereas the US would have an enemy devoured in 1-3 months ....

The US often prefer to weaken the regime they go to war with via airstrikes ... and allow native rebels to do the rest .... via fighting or a revolution ... this was attempted in 1991 Iraq but worked out better in Serbia and Afghanistan .... Saddam had to be forced out directly by the US in 2003 ...

America make sure someone hated takes power so they can justify their wars and get people on board .... Saddam's bellicose, Milosevic's ethnic cleansing and the Taliban's treatment of its population all were justifications ... and sometimes genuine ... for war ...

If I were Iran's leader I'd end this compulsory 'Hijab' with immediate effect .... and legalise alcohol .... people would have social freedoms and rights .... no one in my Iran would have any less rights than Americans have ... immediately I have taken out the main propaganda that the enemy can use against me .... I'd then pursue some deterrent while making efforts to mend fences and show a moderate foreign policy .... I'd try for v good relations with all countries incl US and make the US hardliners isolated in their own country wrt Iran ... sadly Paydari are not clever enough to do this and thus will fall into the US' trap ... another 1-3 month regime change war followed by 20+ years of terrorism, insurgency and chaos will follow ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vswr

looks to be some bomber movements towards Europe this week. Whether that's Steadfast Defender, or Yemen (or both) related is TBC

They have regularly flying bombers to the UK and NATO countries as a show of deterence over the last 2 + years

BTF deployments have been going on for far longer than that. The reason I mentioned it is because it's a little early for BTF, BTF deployments also use local elements. Certain support assets have moved to Europe the last few days which may indicate it's not a Steadfast Defender element (which, in line with all the other Steadfast exercises, would use Europe based assets).

Could just be a Global Power Mission, but the assets moved ahead of time, instead of using local assets is usually only done for high priority missions.

We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

You could never do that stuff in Iran, that's insane western nonsense. It's an islamic country by culture for centures. You can't impose an entirely different mindset on a people. It didn't work for the USA in Afghanistan either.

And no, before the Iranian Revolution the women weren't liberated. Yes there are a few selected photos out there, for example of some young women in Iran and in Afghanistan without hijab, but they are people connected to the ruling elites, elites that appeal to the west for their own reasons, not ordinary people. This is stuff is just propaganda. That hijab is there to stay i'm afraid.

An evil man will burn his own nation to the ground to rule over the ashes - Sun Tzu

At one stage both Iran and Afghanistan were fairly Western leaning countries especially post 1940s -the mid late 70s in Afghanistans case , the both access to University level education, businesses and civil freedoms , night life, theatres , media, that all changed due to a few religious bigots who forced their ways on the majority of Both populations and still exist today and neither populations have a say , Afghanistan knew the greatest peace and growth in the 20 years the US were there, no they have little or nothing and are back to the early Taliban days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Their leadership were but the population as a whole was not, the elite in the capital, their children etc are not the whole story.

The small Taliban force reconquered Afghanistan recently because the people did not oppose it.

They are now returning to the dark ages.

Nope. That's a narrative that the Pentagon tries to pitch to you in order for you to support taking out the ruling regime.

Unfortunately not ,

It's documented history, hard to believe that in Tehran and Kabul, women were educated, enjoyed western fashions and enjoyed themselves generally,

Which then turned in to headscarfs or Beatings and burkas or death...

But let's blame America

US holds Iran responsible for the 3 deaths of US troops in Syria or Jordan because they supplied that group with weapons. For decades the US has been providing support and weapons to groups which have been killing people across continents, supporting coups and regime change, resulting in millions of refugees fleeing from conflict and continue to do so today through proxies all over the world.

" we have a patent on this thing you know no one else can do it, just us "

Post edited by brickster69 on

• Advertisement

There is no talk here of IMPOSING anything in my post ... If I was Iran's leader Iranians are free to make their own choices .... and being Muslim does not mean being one type .... Ali Khamenei's and Paydari's views are NOT I repeat NOT representative of Iran's people ....

The Shah's father ... The Shah being Mohammed Reza Pahlavi but his father and the other dynasties before Pahlavi were all Shahs of course! ... banned Hijab which is as bad as enforcing it and that did not work out either .... I have no problem if I was Iran's leader about people wearing it ... but I would not enforce it ... it is the people's choice ... I do not think anyone likes their govt forcing people to do anything ...

It's a US State Department/Pentagon narrative. The ruling elites & monarchy were awash with money. They got their kids and cronies educated in the west. The vast, vast majority of people in both Iran and Afghanistan, did not partake in that wealth, women did not have access to education, they didn't wear western clothes. They lived under Sharia law and wore hijab. They viewed the ruling elites preponderance towards westernization as another colonialism. This westernization contributed to the breakdown and distrust between government & the governed. It all blew up in their faces in massive public unrest.

Just look at this propaganda horsesht: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fnews%2F976%2Fcpsprodpb%2F10B70%2Fproduction%2F_105646486_64d723f3-1dbb-4108-b195-9b874125c95b.jpg&tbnid=VL1HNPXQ4ywEdM&vet=12ahUKEwiqrqHgiYuEAxVQVEEAHe67BPgQMygHegQIARBA..i&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-middle-east-47032829&docid=Q1jMuXoP7y0bwM&w=976&h=1450&q=iran%20girls%20before%20revolution%20ford%20mustang&ved=2ahUKEwiqrqHgiYuEAxVQVEEAHe67BPgQMygHegQIARBA

These are cherry picked images of the families and people connected to ruling elites, hand selected images to give you the impression that inside of every Iranian is a WOKE, Liberal, American. And all we have to do, is take out the current rulers and it'll be a happy liberal democratic country.

Something en-route at the moment. All usual enthusiast sites are gone quiet, which is unusual.

Post edited by vswr on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 josef12

Man, it's crazy how both Iran and Afghanistan used to be on this Western-leaning vibe back in the day, especially from the '40s to the late '70s for Afghanistan. University education, businesses, nightlife – they had it all. But then, like you said, a bunch of religious extremists threw a wrench into the whole thing, and now the majority has to deal with the consequences.It's a shame because Afghanistan saw some real progress and peace in the 20 years the US was there. Now, it's like they've taken a step back to the early Taliban days. It sucks that the voices of the majority often get drowned out.ayat kursi latin It's wild how religious stuff can influence a whole country's course.it's a messed-up situation, and I hope there's a way for positive change in the future."

Another new account

what I was listening to earlier, I counted 4 aircraft, possibly 1 air spare? All (including tanker support) working in the dark (no ADSB). As mentioned earlier, usual forums have gone very quiet about this, snippets only starting to emerge on twitter now (I assume because the UK tankers have/are due to take off) and the bombers would have crossed the Santa Maria Oceanic boundary, meaning some chatter on HF. These will be direct middle east by the looks of it.

edit: just to clarify, this isn't a BTF deployment, and GPM missions are never this covert.... 99% sure this is a strike op

edit2: correction, supposedly the UK tankers tracked on ADSB-Ex, which is interesting, as it means there are 4 other strange visitors to the UK who haven't been used yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Amazing to see this one dredged up, every conspiracy theorist has long since quoted it to death. Yes there was a belief (shadowed by neocon doctrine) by the Bush admin, that when they ousted Saddam, the other dictatorships in the region would "topple" like dominoes, it didn't happen. One of it's chief architects Rumsfeld was forced to retire early in 2006, and Bush, Rove, Cheney and co left office in 2008.

Somalia was long a failed state at that point as well with no real functional central or local government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,850 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Facts and context don't appear to matter to those who want simplistic reductionist versions of world history clipped from social media

Advertisement