Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional Christmas Dinner

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You're in the right forum, so. 😂

It sounds like I made a mess of the dinner, this is only me nitpicking so I'll remember what to do differently next year!

I wasn't working Christmas eve for the first time in a few years, so gave me more time for prep this year! I did the trifle jelly on the 23rd, so it was all nice and set to get cracking on once christmas eve rolled around. Can't believe it's already a week ago now. 😳

Just had new year's eve dinner- steak and onions. Tis the season to EAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

This is the first year I've ever heard of pigs in blankets.

🙈🙉🙊

I only know them as an English thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You'll fit in well around here in the Christmas forum. Sure no one here likes Christmas ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Christmas Dinner was great. Just picked at food on Stephens day, Christmas sambo and then cheese and charcuterie for tea. Pretty much the same next day too. Finished up with a turkey and ham pie which was delicious. Had dinner in my parents today and have party food in for tomorrow since 3 of us are heading to the Leinster match. Will have the older lads cooking while we're on the way home.

And picked up another ham to cook for next Monday at the request of elf 3 who will be turning 12 that day and is a bit of a ham fiend.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Robert Jackson

I'm not interested in fitting in if Christmas was every four years like the Olympics or the World Cup then i could put up with it but the house was literally filled with people Christmas eve Christmas day and boxing day and to be honest I can't stand any of them with the exception of my beautiful baby sister I never want to see any of them at Christmas or any of the other 50 weeks of the year for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Interesting to read the comments about "pigs in blankets". They weren't something I remember from my childhood in England in the 1970s, and were seemingly only popularised by TV cook Delia Smith in the late 1970s/early 1980s (and are now an all-year-round thing). But peas on a Christmas dinner? and no gravy? - OP looks more like what you'd be served at school.

Advertisement