Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭ForestFire

And this really makes it worse, giving out the points, then taking them back, next he'll go to zero, just to top it all off...18 to zero will be hard to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes Captain as in form and playing Luton

You really don't want to know who VC is. 😭

I forgot to update V Captain from last week, when Haaland didn't play, so it's Mitoma with both Saka and Salah in my team as options.

Not ideal, when I read your 2nd line I thought you were gonna say it was Haaland, so could be worse

• Registered Users Posts: 13,315 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Isn't 6 points for Solanke a somewhat logical outcome? He played 60 mins and scored a goal, inconvertible and that could never be taken away no matter what happened the rest of the game. On the other hand, whilst he led the bonus points after 65 minutes there's no guarantee that it would have stayed that way. So no bonus points should be awarded for a shortened game.

edit : To an extent I'm looking at it somewhat like the bookies would. Declare a result on what is a definitive uncontested fact - first goal-scorer, half-time score, goals above 1.5, btts etc. Everything else void.

• Advertisement

Well I'm going to disagree with this, bps should still be valid if they are giving out all other points.

He earned those bps just like his goal and mins played.

I think this makes the least sense, but I could see why FPL might do this as some sort of compromise....

but at the same time he lost 25mins to complete his Hattrick 🤣

I definitely wouldn't believe they've reached an outcome until they say something.

I guess they have to wait and see at least will it be played this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We could have a situation where the clubs have agreed to just call it a draw behind the scenes and maybe have to bring it to the PL clubs as a whole to ratify it.

While not being the same level or situation, I've played Sunday league games before where the ref hasn't shown up. Every player ready to go, and we just play the game, (one ref each half but it generally was fair) and agree to just submit the result as it was played out. Rather than wasting time with rearrangements and travel etc.

• Advertisement

Can't see Bournemouth agreeing to it. They'd have fancied themselves to go on and win IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Quoted from the FA.com when doing a google search on what happens with match abandonment:

"In the event of a Competition Match not being played or abandoned owing to causes over which neither Club has control, it should be played in its entirety on a date to be mutually agreed by the two Clubs and approved by the Competition. Failing such agreement and notification to the Competition within [ ] days the Competition shall have the power to order the Match to be played on or before a given date. Where it is to the advantage of the Competition, the Management Committee shall also be empowered to order the score at the time of an abandonment to stand."

Maybe FPL need to find out what the FA are doing about the game before deciding what to do with FPL points for the match. The above statement says the rules favour a replay and if this is the case I'd imagine the FPL points for the game would be dropped to 0 and points awarded for the replay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I assume the premier league will null and void the game and will reschedule it.

As to what FPL towers will do is anyone’s guess. Good chance some of them brought in Solanke so that might shape their decision.

Could see them, unfairly, awarding the points and then have a future DGW too because they make it up to suit themselves, innit.

Gonna guess you’re not a Solanke owner this week ;)

In reality, it would be better if there’d been a previous abandonment over floodlights or something like that where nobody was hurt, so we didn’t even have to wonder what the outcome was going to be.

My expectation when the game was first abandoned, was that the FPL points would be completely null and voided. 8 hours later and that’s seeming a lot less likely, although not impossible until they actually say something, which they really should have done by now. They’ve been tweeting all sorts of other stuff, so not as if they’ve been keeping a respectful silence or anything of that nature.

Well what about in my case, I will lose 18pts, and possible could have been more, with no subs to come in, due to suspensions etc., why should I lose out this GW points that were already in the board and others benifits later with DGW where did not have these players this week?

I went out brought in Solanke, made him Captain and I will lose all his points?

If there going to reschedule, why not keep the points in this GW at least....and add them back

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I would say the same there, just playing devil's advocate really.

I don’t own him. Yet. Will get him in for the rescheduled double gameweek. 😂.

Seemingly there are precedents.

2 games in 2006 were called off at halftime due to the weather.

FPL points were scrapped and the games rescheduled.

I can’t find it now on Twitter but Mark Sutherns also linked a couple of previous examples. I can’t find anything on Twitter after I’ve read it once seemingly. Self destructing tweets are new to me.

I’m guessing FPL are waiting for an official announcement and hoping it comes before the gameweek finishes.

edit - my original post had nothing to do with what I think will happen but was mostly to have a dig at the FPL decision makers.

Where have you seen that the FPL points were scrapped? Couldn't find anything to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

The FPL overlords have done some strange things down the years, but I don't think there's an issue with what they've done here yet. They have to wait to see if the game will be replayed later in the season, or possibly the last 30 mins will be played in the next few days. Or, the 3rd option of the result stands which I highly doubt will be the case.

If the game is going to be replayed later in the season, I would presume all Bournemouth and Luton players will get zero FPL points. I say this as a Solanke owner myself btw.

If the last half hour is played in the next few days, then current points should stand plus whatever else occurs in the rest of the game. This would have to happen by Tuesday at the latest in FPL terms before next gameweek kicks off.

If the PL decide the game is completed and the 1-1 scoreline stands (I highly doubt this), you'd imagine the bonus points for Solanke etc will come back into play.

The decision needs to be made quickly in FPL terms, but the above are the only logical and fair FPL outcomes depending on what the PL actually decide to do.

It was on Twitter.

Next time I see something on Twitter I may just copy and paste it here without comment as I can’t ever seem to find it again.

Also, I’m not a big social media user so I do forget, often, that people lie and photoshop stuff in attempts to deceive but also at attempts of humour which are never funny.

• Advertisement

Sorry CSF.

It doesn’t say points were scrapped.

That’s how I read it first thing this morning when I woke up.

Mark Sutherns replies to this post with another example.

Site is not allowing me to paste it here

Twitter handle - flapjackfpl is the guy Sutherns responded to

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Gusser09

45 with Salah (c), tsimikas, Saliba and cunha to go.

Green arrows all round. Top 140,000 overall and top 6k in ireland. Happy days.

That includes Solanke though. You know its possible that Luton and Bournemouth agree to call this a draw.

The only logical way forward at this point is to play the last 30 mins or so behind closed doors either today or in the morning. Leave FPL points intact.

Thankfully lockyer is ok but he shouldnt be put on a pitch again. He needs to call time on his career now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

There isn’t really any fair way of doing it - who takes the Luton’s captains place? Is that considered a substitution? - Can players who were subbed off play the 30 mins? Do yellow cards carry over? Does the ref consider lads who might have been one challenge away from yellow or red card ?

luton have lost their captain a stalwart of the team - it would be in their interest not to play the game until the new year to when they might get someone in the transfer window and given the Xmas congestion that will likely happen.

likely the points to stand without bonus and played again in future

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I have Solanke and so does my mini league rival. He has no subs to come in if the points are taken off but I have Hwang so hoping they get taken off him personally!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Need Areola not to start so Dubrav 7 points comes in. I presume Areola will start tho as he was on the bench for the Europa game on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭crushproof

I have 19 Newcastle points sitting on my bench, was not expecting to perform yesterday at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No Areola.

3 GW's in a row with no keeper! 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Arsenal XI: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Rice, Odegaard, Havertz, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus.

Brighton XI: Verbruggen, Veltman, Van Hecke, Dunk, Milner, Gilmour, Gross, Adingra, Lallana, Mitoma, Ferguson.

West Ham: Fabianski, Emerson, Zouma, Aguerd, Coufal, Ward-Prowse, Alvarez, Soucek, Kudus, Paqueta, Bowen.

Subs: Areola, Cresswell, Fornals, Mavropanos, Ings, Ogbonna, Benrahma, Kehrer, Mubama.

Wolves: Bentley, Dawson, Kilman, Dawson, Toti, Semedo, Lemina, J Gomes, Bellegarde, Sarabia, Hwang, Cunha.

Subs: King, Doherty, Ait-Nouri, Bueno, Traore, Silva, Bueno, Kalajdzic, Doyle.

Brentford XI: Flekken, Jorgensen, Pinnock, Mee, Ghoddos, Damsgaard, Norgaard, Janelt, Roerslev, Lewis-Potter, Wissa.

Subs: Goode, Maupay, Onyeka, Strakosha, Collins, Peart-Harris, Baptiste, Yarmolyuk, Olakigbe.

Aston Villa XI: Martinez, Konsa, Diego Carlos, Torres, Cash, Kamara, Ramsey, McGinn, Alex Moreno, Diaby, Watkins.

Subs: Chambers, Lenglet, Zaniolo, Duran, Bailey, Dendoncker, Marschall, Iroegbunam, Proctor.

Advertisement