Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Hopefully, but I'm only going on my experience and what I'm hearing of Tom's condition, which sounds similar...

Also, I guess there's a need to take into account, that Tom's an elite athlete, which may have higher risks than a "less" elite family member.

Hope for the best for him in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Neither team has a fixture until Saturday, it's not (afaik) a fixture that needs big stewarding/police involvement and the travelling distance for the away team is short. So I'd say Monday/Tuesday is plausible. No idea whether it continues on from 1-1 or restarts for the full 90. I suspect the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Hopefully not. Everyones bench is weak this GW.

But this Match was not Postponed, it was abandoned...Not sure even FPL have a Rule written for this...

Postponed happens before any minutes are played - Snow etc., this got to 65mins and points were already awarded

I think even the FPL are in a panic to figure out how this is going to work...Rescheduled for this week makes their life easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It only makes their life easier if it's rescheduled to start at 65 mins, if not then all points wiped out and starts again - would folk be happy with that?

Well not really, Unless Solanke scores a first-half Hattrick 🙂, but it's still better than having no play this GW, from players you have, and no subs to come in to replace them!.... and it only benefits your opponents later in the year with a DGW, and noo doubt they'll make extra points while I and others lose this weeks points (19pts) lost this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,299 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Hard to take away points that have already been awarded IMO. Unless it's done with the one hour of the last game finishing, which is the current rule for OGs / assists / bonus etc iirc.

If memory serves me correctly if there is ever a dubious goal thing where a goal is awarded the next day or anything like that, points are never retrospectively awarded / removed.

Agree its an unusual situation, not sure if anything like this has happen before?

I think the "fair" thing to do, of the game goes to a new game week, as ludicrous as it may sound...

Keep the points for today's game, as it stands, and give everyone a chance again in the DGW!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Onana (McNeill)

• Advertisement

Keane goal

Thaey are now saying Tom suffered cardiac arrest (Stopped Heart), which I would say is more sever than SVT, but can be caused by SVT.

"However, in extreme cases, an episode of SVT may cause unconsciousness or cardiac arrest."

Luton say:- "Tom was transferred to hospital, where we can reassure supporters that he is stable and currently undergoing further tests with his family at his bedside." so hopefully he's on the way to a full recovery.

I’m sure something similar has happened in the past with flood lights failing -

I'm sure it's not the end yet but players' mins are at 90?

Did this happen at the time of the stop, they just continued to add the mins? or updated since?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Xander10

Nonsense. Them players would get a whole further 90 mins when the game is replayed.

Anyway, the player's health is the only thing that really matters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

A fan died in the stands during a LaLiga game last weekend. Game was abandoned at the time and the game restarted the next day from the time it was stopped.

They might do similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did anyone persist with Pickford? He's some troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Everton win 2-0. Just noticed Mykolenko didn't play, dammit. Tsimi first sub, Lascells second sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

37* with Salah (C) and Watkins to go. Happy enough for the week that's in it and that knobhead Jimenez getting a red.

*That includes 3bps for Solanke and Palmer. If they were to take away Luton/Bournemouth points, I would be on 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,976 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It was updated later. Solanke was showing at 65 for a good while after it happened.

• Advertisement

Read a thread on reddit, where someone lad asked FPL gods in 2013 for such a situation and the reply was that you'd keep the points even if game is played in a future GW.

There’s less than a half hour til the point they can take away points as per their rules, and they’re off posting Anthony Gordon tweets, so I’d say it’s leaning towards the points standing at present.

The rules have a clause though...

For the avoidance of doubt, points awarded in-game are subject to change up until one hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made unless under extraordinary circumstances.

Wouldn’t expect that clause to come into play given how long they’ve had since the game ended (what happened to the poor lad from Luton won’t have created any real logistical problems for them). I’d expect a clarification to come in the next half hour either confirming or taking away the points.

Bonus points out in all the games

• Registered Users Posts: 15,299 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah Solanke is currently on max bonus, and is down as 90 mins played.

Still wouldnt take anything until they've said something. They will have to clarify either way.

Solanke bonus points gone. They really are very amateur for such a big organisation.

If you look in the bonus websites - the game is listed as live where as all others are finished. On the app the game is also showing as still in play where other scores are blacked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

No bps for Solanke, but Palmer awarded 3.

They must have the same communication team as twitter.

💩

Advertisement