Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tefal 22 piece space saving, stackable, stainless steel pan set 170 with code

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stibob

Edit: Good deal! I thought I found the same thing on Amazon, but it was a different set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Peckham

Great deal.

According to their website

"We do deliver to Ireland as an Irish registered company and all tax is at the local rate.

Please contact us for more information ."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Do the removeable handles not become a PITA? Ive never really considered them cause i thought the removeable handles would be too much effort/go missing/get dirty easily

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Good deal.

Would the swapping handles thing become annoying if you had a few on the go for a meal

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Hideki99235

You hardly get the 15% extra off for signing up do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

We got this earlier in the year for that price and it's been great. Swapping the handles over takes a few seconds and doesn't feel like a chore at all - quite the opposite actually when you've a few things on the go and you don't have to be pointing handles in all directions. They suit us to the ground.

We lost a lid somehow though and I'm finding it hard to fork out 30 quid for a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭Villa05

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@[Deleted User] this might interest you!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MallowMan17

Gone

Great. When did you order? I ordered it on Friday evening and wondering whether it will be here for Christmas.

• Advertisement

11th, evening, looks like 4 to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks. Maybe Friday or Saturday then. Would be handy for the Christmas dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Just looking at this set- It has a non-stick surface on the inside so does it make the pans stainless steel with teflon on the inside? Trying to get away from teflon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Doesn't appear to be Teflon based

Titanium non-stick coating. It’s 100% toxin-free****** and easy to clean, by hand or in the dishwasher*******

*****Longer non-stick performance compared to Tefal’s standard non-stick coating ******Stricter controls than those required by current food contact regulations; no PFOA in compliance with applicable regulations; no lead (Pb), no cadmium (Cd) means no intentional addition of Pb and Cd in the coatings and not detected by tests conducted by external laboratories *******Dishwasher safe minus removable handle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If that one's still out of stock there a very similar looking one on Amazon for £150 too. It says today only, don't know if that's true

Slightly different lids etc, I haven't compared properly so apologies if it's inferior...

Just updating for reference in case this offer comes up again.

My set arrived this morning. Delighted with it. No customs charges either.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭testtech05

These seem to be in stock again if anyone is still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭Esse85

Code must be expired. €213 without it.

Edit: TAKE15 is the discount code for signing up to the newsletter, brings it down to €181

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭testtech05

Strange code JANUARY still brings it to €170.82 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭Esse85

Sorry I didn't see that code, I tried the original code in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Just reading the vendor replies to some of the reviews and it seems like they recommend that the handle be removed when not required e.g. if you're cooking something on the hob for 15mins and don't need to use the handle, you remove it to prevent overheating?

That seems like a right PITA but am I correct in saying that wouldn't really apply as much if using an induction hob since there wouldn't be heating "escaping" from under the side of the pan as there would be if using gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I've a similar set and honestly removing the handle is easy but yeah have to assume it's more of an issue on gas hobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

No issues leaving the handles on using induction, I'm using a set of these for about 4 years now. I can see it maybe being an issue on gas if you were careless but that would happen with any plastic handle.

That set is very good value though probably more frying pans than anyone needs! I have the 3 saucepans and lid, 24 & 26 cm frying pans and and 26cm wok with lid. Have considered getting the 24 saute pan as you need that to use the steamer but have never got around to it. Kept my old steamer that fits the 20 cm saucepan but that doesn't stack so need to store it elsewhere. Did recently pick up a 3rd handle in Kildare village for €17.50 which is handy excuse the pun! Was never really an issue, 3 pots would be the most I'd usually be using and I'd just swap handles around as needed.

They really save a lot of space. I gained a massive amount of space in the my pot drawer moving to them and they make fitting the stainless steel pots in the dishwasher much easier to fit. I only hand wash the non stick pans though. Dishwasher long term will ruin them.

Being able to take the handle of is also great for be able finish food in the oven or under the grill.

I do wish they did a smaller 14cm or so milk pan and a bigger 22/24sm pot. Wouldn't be able to stack some of the smaller frying pans but that is a choice you could make. The wok can serve as big pot though and I have bigger ones I can pull out if needs be.

Have these lids also, very handy for left overs and batch cooking.

Post edited by Ryath on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm tempted, but wondering if it's weird just having two handles for set? Maybe no more needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've been using one of these sets for over 4yrs.. Just the two handles never been an issue.

One bonus of no handles on pots or pans is they are easier to stick in the dishwasher.

Would highly recommend these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Just ordered. Code worked. Will be used on a gas hob, so will need to be careful. I think I will keep the handles out of reach of the kids who are old enough to scramble eggs or make french toast. Let them use the older pots and pans for safety. I can see the handle is the weak point on this, especially if not cleaned and dried properly, I bet the mechanism gets clogged up within months.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭rameire

Thanks for this OP, have been using these tefal items for 10 years. It's always good to have more to replace older.

Dishwasher does degrade the outside bottom of pans. So hand washing does work best.

Handles do last years.

Bit of advice, don't let the handles sit in water for long as the spring inside will rust.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

I assume you have the non induction pots? They have aluminium bases so corrode a bit. The full stainless steel pots have no issue going in the dishwaher.

It's only the non stick coated ones I hand wash.

I always wash the handles in the sink also, don't think the dishwasher would be great long term. They don't get too dirt so easy rinse. Good point about not soaking them. Actually thinking now maybe a squirt of food grade silicone oil into them now and then wouldn't be a bad idea.

I did have one handle stick recently. Think something just got splashed into it. Good clean and it seems fines now.

I'm tempted to pick them up as spares, the only thing I actually need though is the 24 cm saute pan. The full stainless steel pots are basically good forever and I'd say I have a good few more years in the non stick pans coatings. Sister in law bought a house recently though and got a smaller set of Ingenio as she liked ours so I could give some of the sizes she's missing.

• Advertisement

For those that would prefer more handles

Advertisement