Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nevo Electric Vehicle Show in partnership with Bank of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Had a look at the maxus E deliver van as potentially in the market for electric vans soon for work, the thing felt very very cheap and the door sounded like it was going to break when closing. Poor quality all around. Although vans are never the best.

I disagree on the Maxus Van. I thought it looked great and all the materials are what you would expect in a van. The door even had some nice soft touch materials on parts of it.

Raging I did not see the Peugeot e308. Seen the e208 but was not interested in that. Thought that's all Peugeot had there.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Good price 😲. Its a terrible price. Should be half that. I sat in one in the Pheonix Park last year at the Broomfield show so did not bother with it again especially as we are being ripped off for it here ☹ .

I did sit in the Citroen eC4X and while a lovely car I was very dissapointed with the plastics used inside in it. A 90s Mègane had better quality plastics.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭innrain

Good job NEVO. Maybe I'm mistaken but I think it is the first such show on our shores. I'm glad the interest was so massive and hopefully next one will be even bigger. It was an impressive offering showing a maturity in the market, compared to only 5 years ago when we had less than 10 models to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Good show, well done by all involved. I could see a few things that could have been better, but as a first effort, and especially for one that was that was free, that was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Mystery Peugeot car was actually the e208 facelift.

Was raging after because I was happy out with life sampling the red e308 GT when the fella asked to step out of it as they wanted to launch the mystery car.

I was thinking it might be e3008.

Epically disappointed to see it was just e208 facelift.

Tesla was flat out until crowd started leaving later in the afternoon.

In interesting news - Emma Toner from Opel was saying in one of the Panel sessions that....

The depreciation issue (with EVs) is also impacting ICE cars and she was arguing that its to do with Covids supply issues pushing up car prices during and after Covid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭zg3409

Don't believe anything a car sales person on commission says, not that she may be wrong, but a very vested interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Flat out untruth from Emma Toner, shame on Opel for that deflection.

Polestar 3 a huge disappointment in the flesh. At 50K it would be a questionable purchase, at 100K that's just laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

1) she's actually one of Opels top people in Ireland - possibly even its top boss. Not a salesperson. Sorry to be pedantic - I felt it was worth making the distinction as I would typically have the same reaction as you if a salesman at my Opel dealer said it.

2) I think she's sort of accurate but it's an inflation issue on at least some ICE cars like Toyotas.

If we take a Camry costing 40 k brand new in 2019 and retailing at 33 k at a Toyota dealer with potentially 60,000 miles on the clock on 2019 car.

That sounds like it's holding its value brilliant.

There's a catch however.

A brand new 2024 Camry* is 50 k or thereabouts.

Anyway I felt she could have easily just said "it was covid supply chain issue causing EV prices to go up but now supply is back on track - prices have normalised"

I therefore found the reference to ICE cars also been impacted interesting.

I prefer my Camry analogy above though 🙂🙂🙂.

*Toyota still seem to have kept selling Camry here even after stopping sales in UK

• Registered Users Posts: 33,641 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone that thinks covid supply and the tailing last few years of supply chain anomaly, now resulting in over stock of many items doesn't have an impact on vehicle pricing isn't living in reality. Not an ICE v EV debate just purely supply chain has had huge impact everywhere and it's now coming home to roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,536 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It's true the issues with depreciating ICE cars, in the UK at least. But I don't think it's anything go to supply. That would make no sense. That would make them go up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

According to the sales guy, you can drive it at 14 in France, 16 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Electronics is nearly back to normal now. We were paying 20,50, and in one case 1000 times more for parts during COVID and prices were adjusted to reflect that.

Now everything is returning to business as usual. I do feel sorry for people who bought at inflated prices and are being hit hard for depreciation.

Certainly , but there's also the other side. It's now oversupply as the production ramped up so much afterwards. It's cheapening many of those goods meaning even worse for the good bought in scarcity

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can you drive them here after getting banned like in the rest of Europe?

Do have a link to where its banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I think he means you can still drive them if you are banned from driving.

I read about that in rural France there's certain vehicles all the banned drivers still can use and if you meet one coming towards you then you can be fairly sure the driver is probably hammered!

Ah ok. That might make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭derekreilly

Thanks all for the comments. We want to make it bigger and better next year so please DM me your suggestion and we'll take them on board. Planning for our 2025 show starts tomorrow.

Be nice to see a show reel for those of us who didn't make it..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Spent a couple of hours at the show yesterday. Thought it was quite good for a first effort and seemed very well attended while I was there (1 to 3 pm approx).

I thought MG made the best effort and really enjoyed chatting with one of their salesmen. Kia and Hyundai good too.

No Audi, Fiat, Ford, Seat or Jaguar that I could see but open to correction on that.

Would definitely recommend to anyone interested for next time.

• Advertisement

Fiat had the 500e there alright.

Seat don't have an EV but yes, CUPRA weren't there either with the Born.

Jaguar i-Pace is nearing the end of its life cycle so hopefully the new Jaguar grand coupé and Range Rover electric will come to a show in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

It’s a pity it’s in the RDS though, it’s so awkward to get to for me, I live in the West, half the day is gone trying to get in and out.

Tbf. Most places would be awkward for ya out the west. You'd be travelling half day there and back anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Guess it will be in Simmonscourt next year as there's not a lot of room to expand in the hall and would assume there will be more makes and models next time when they see the numbers that attended?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭crl84

Did any of the public charging infrastructure providers (eg. Ionity, EasyGo, ESB eCars, Circle K, Applegreen etc) have stands there?

Also, were the panels discussions recorded, and if so, could they be uploaded to Youtube for viewing?

Thanks for the question. All CPO (Charge Point Operators) were invited to exhibit. Applegreen Electric came on board with a great stand and talk about their expansion plans.

Unfortunately panels were not recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Where there any minutes or notes taken? I was working so couldn't go but am interested in the talks from ZEVI and SEAI about EV apartment charging.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not but I can see if they'll allow me to send you their slides? DM me and if I get the green light send me over your email

Advertisement