Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nevo Electric Vehicle Show in partnership with Bank of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is only one type of Ticket the free one lol.

@Derek. Is it possible for someone to use a ticket booked by someone else to book a test drive?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Post edited by technocrat on

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Core6

I forgot to register for this too.

It would be great to get one if it isn't being used.

Thanks.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Great! I'll take 4 if still available. 2 adults, 2 kids....maybe only need 2? Will pm my email.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭derekreilly

The person who registered will have gotten an email to book a test drive. If they send it to you it should work. Let me know if you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

If anyone is stuck for a ticket, send me a DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hey Derek, I see BMW is going to have an appearance, no mention of MINI separately though? Just wondering if it’s included in the BMW brand? Would like to see the new ones up close

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭Patser

Looks like MG will have the Cyberster there. Regretting not being able to go now, would love to see it in flesh to get idea of how easy/awkward it is to get into with those scissor doors.

https://x.com/MG_Motor_IE/status/1755602536659296395?s=20

Edit: Have since found out from a dealer it'll be on static, view only display - no sitting in or close inspection

Post edited by Patser on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

Might be a stupid question, is there much parking in the area of the RDS? I imagine there’s feck all in the RDS itself.

Ms

Not a stupid question at all. Hopefully someone can give an answer as it has been a while since I have been there but from way back over a decade ago when I was there in a car not driving from what I remember there was lots of parking spaces but that could be all changed now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Only if you are driving an EV, no emissions zone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Big car park in the Simmonscourt side, €10 a day. At Funderland they opened the main part for parking after the Simmonscourt carpark filled up. Street parking can be hard to get. For big events the rugby club and church open their carparks.

Thanks for the question.

We have 100 paid parking spots beside the main hall and another 700 across the road at Simmonscourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Ive 4 tickets but cant make it just DM me if you want them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭eagerv

I would love to go, I didnt book any tickets. But unfortunately I will be about 11000 km away..😊

Hi Zhane,

The New Mini Countryman Electric will be on the their stand with the BMW i5

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭yermanthere

Good luck today @derekreilly .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I have a ticket as I won’t make it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭DrPsychia

PM'd.

Anyone else have a spare ticket? I need 2 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Just home from the show, spent about 3 hours there, well run, parking in Simmonscourt a disaster but that's not Nevos fault.

I'm not really in the market for anything so was just an interested browser really, really liked some of the cars there. For anyone that couldn't make it, I'll share my thoughts about what's out there these days.

Ev9 from Kia I thought was the most impressive machine there, just had the wow factor more than anything else. I have no need for an ev9 but if I was buying my first EV today and I had the info I have now I'd be buying a Kia ev6, I'm impressed every time I see them. Just more stylish than most other things out there. The GT Line one at the show looked great. I'm not a Kia fanboy though, I didn't like the Niro at all.

Ioniq 5 not ageing great I feel and never liked the 6, so Hyundai stand only got my attention for a minute.

Couldn't get near the BYD Seal, everytime I circled around there were 4 or 5 people in it, really had everybody's interest all day. Looked good though, I saw loads of kids playing with the rotating screen. Will be a big seller in Ireland.

2 Porsche taycan there, a cross Turismo (perfect car in my opinion apart from the stupid wheel arch surround). Really good looking cars. Maybe the sport Turismo will be mine on used market some day! First time inside one and it's beautiful.

Thought the Megane looked like really good value, nice car too. I hope it sells well in around 35k. Toyota BZ4X looks like great value too at just over 40k but just wouldn't be for me with the angular styling.

I think the Germans days are numbered being able to charge a big premium for their cars apart from those who are brand loyal. Everyone has caught up. I remember buying early 2000s e39s and they were miles ahead of the competition from Toyota, Renault, Nissan, whoever else was around back then, a big premium of course but you got much more power, better looking car, auto gearbox, those advantages are all but gone now. So many machines there had the measure of my 2022 Etron which was 85k when new, I bought it in January this year. The Kia ev9 at same price blows it away and the ev6 at much cheaper price matches it in every way.

The BMW i5 had little interest every time I passed by it, I sat in it and it does have that great 5 series coccooned driving position and it was a nice car, but nothing I'd pay a premium for, they are being matched by cars 30k cheaper these days. Exterior not great but not bad.

Mercedes EQE on show was lovely inside, very impressive interior but not a looker in the outside at all. 80k was the price on the board beside it. They did have an impressive passenger van, forget the name but it was really stylish.

Audi weren't at the show, pity, I wanted to see if q8 Etron was in any way a step up from my original Etron, but VW really need to step their game up interior wise. The id3 and id4 were pretty much the poorest interiors there, and I say that as a cupra born owner which is almost identical to an id3, maybe a bit nicer but same thing really. Id3 recently refreshed but still very drab, and id4 needs an overhaul too. VW can do interiors but they went a different path with the IDs. Saw an id7 on the road driving outside, don't like it at all..

Skoda had a beautiful Enyaq coupe there, something I'd buy with my own money although maybe a little pricey at 67k and a rather drab base model Enyaq too. 18k price difference between the 2 of them which is a lot but was night and day between the 2 models on display.

I didn't look at the MG stand, was pretty busy all day, probably actual buyers. The cyberster looks great, I don't ever aspire to own one but appreciate the looks of it. Was at the unveiling at 11.

Peugeot had a nice e308 there, I liked that car. They had something for unveiling too which I missed.

Had a look at the maxus E deliver van as potentially in the market for electric vans soon for work, the thing felt very very cheap and the door sounded like it was going to break when closing. Poor quality all around. Although vans are never the best.

Some huge pickups there too, niche market, can see buyers being very disappointed in them if working out of them for range. The ford was an impressive machine though, explorer is it?

Citroen DS there was a nice car, will be very niche here though. They'll never sell like Peugeot and Renault will.

Glanced at the Volvo ex30 or whatever it's called, should have went in for a closer look. Liked the polestar on display. Missed whatever they were unveiling.

Nothing else jumped out at me, the show was a success I presume, was busy while I was there anyway, first motor show in RDS since 2010 according to Pat Kenny unveiling the cyberster.

I didn't listen to any of the talks.

Bank of Ireland had a huge presence, they were partners in the show I believe.

Didn't think I'd come out saying Kia impressed me most, but they did. I rushed into buying my cupra born, I'd be ev6 all the way nowadays.

Exciting time to be in the market but I'm going to dabble in used cars again from now on, still waiting on those Etron GTs and Taycans to be available for half nothing to replace the Etron SUV and a cheap ev6 to replace the cupra born.

Or will I buy a completely unnecessary used ev9?

I just might you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Thanks for the review...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭yermanthere

Great review. Just back ourselves. Renault Mégane looked well. MG really moving design along with the cyberstar ( dunno if it would sell at all in Ireland as a 2 seat convertible), but fair play.

MPV/multi-seat, Mifa/Kia ev9/Mercedes. I think it's ev9 unless Mifa drops price.

Very small stand from Tesla, still busy. I dunno if their design stands up to pressure from the big manufacturers now? Still Tesla- technology is to be admired.

Great show. Try and keep it free entry again next year.

Post edited by yermanthere on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Cheers. I was really looking forward to going, but everything happened in shít order to keep me away.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tommythecat

I think Buddy Bubs summed it all up very well. It was a nicely run day and was enjoyable to see all the cars.

Agree the EV9 is very impressive. But it is massive. I don't know how you would drive it around town.

Could barely get near the Seal but looked quite impressive also.

The polestar 3 was a stunning SUV. Was very impressed with the looks but €100k is just way overpriced.

As a very very happy EV6 owner I left still feeling I had the best car there. 😀

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Ms

Well I went with my sister and her boyfriend and we all enjoyed it. It was very busy so you really had to be alert to get in any drivers seat in any car it was first come gets it. I got to try everything I wanted bar the BYD Seal. The BYD stand was crazy busy busiest one there I would say a pity no ATTO 3 there really wanted to try one and my sister might have liked it. She tried the VWs and did not like them not comfortable and the quality in them was a big let down too. The quality I a lot of cars seems to have gone down but I must say the dash in the MG4 and 5 was very good and in the Maxus MPV and Van the quality was very good. The Ora was really good quality wise too very classy. Hopefully the show helps them sell some as they are a lovely car. I must say Tesla surprised me too but things like the switches on the doors looked cheap. My sisters Clio has better looking electric window switches than what was in the Tesla.

We stayed for 2 hours. That was enough. Then we went and got something to eat then home.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Thought it was a massive success, well done.

I'd say the organizers never expected 20,000 people would sign up for it, just goes to show the interest.

Very easy for the sales guys with that many people looking and great for the punters with so many different models there.

Didn't bother going for a test drive as thought once around the block wasn't enough to see if you would be interested or not.

BYD had massive queues of people just trying to sit into the cars.

The BYD people on the stand were writing down name after name while I was there, lovely cars and well priced.

Thought it was strange some makes had the prices on the cars and some didn't, you had to download a QR code.

Best stand for me was MG, some lovely looking cars there.

Some overpriced cars to me there including as already mentioned the Skoda Enyaq coupe at just under €70k.

Thanks to Nissan I'll never have to buy another charging cable again.

Did anybody notice the 2 seater Citroen Ami?

€11,500 when it comes over here with 75km range, charges in 3 hours off a 3 pin plug in left hand drive only.

Good price but can't see many buying it with that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tommythecat

A quadracycle apparently, not a car. According to the sales guy.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

In France you can drive it when 16 I think. The short range is less an issue if it's just going around a city. Too short for me though.

But In Ireland a used car, Leaf or Zoe etc. Seems to make more sense for 11K.

Advertisement