Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas dinner!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm with the in-laws in UK, so a little earlier than my family would have it. Starter at 2.30, main at around 3.30. There's people travelling and returning from quite a distance so can't be too late.

For once (well, last year too) it's a joy to cook in someone else's kitchen. Two Bosch single ovens (super hot), a big 5 ring powerful gas hob, two big fridges, ceramic counter tops so no worrying about where I put hot stuff, plenty of decent pots and roasting trays and, unbelievably, a few decent knives.

You might think that someone with a kitchen like that would want to do their own cooking but they are more than happy for me to take over ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Reheated supermacs will do the job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Giving this a go although I'm not sure where the stick blender *is* due to the renovations underway.

Some other simplifications required due to that included buying a premade glaze for the ham, which is just as well as I can't find the cloves either.

Aiming for 2, serving in a different house so need it all ready for 1:30; all sufficiently on target to allow me to read boards rather than cook for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

It’s been a weird Christmas with one of us in hospital so Christmas has been cancelled until they are out (hopefully early this week). However, sister was given the ham role (not roll) this year and me the Turkey. None of us like brown meat so two crowns it is. Coming in from hospital last night, the fecking smell in the kitchen was incredible. Sis was roasting a massive ham after glazing it and cloving it, Jaysus the mouth waters even now thinking about it.

the crowns are marinading at the moment 48 hours… before they get roasted.

hopefully when the last remaining part of this family gets out it’s going to be one hell of a meal!

• Advertisement

Poached turkey 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

We ended uo not having any turkey.

We bought a turkey from tesco and to be honest it wasn't great, little to no flavour.

The dogs will be well looked after either it.

Dinner was, Honey roast Ham, Roast parsnips, sausage stuffing, sage and onion stuffing, buttery mash, batton carrots, Yorkshire puddings. Gravey made from the turkey juices, and a pint of Guinness to wash it down.

Advertisement