Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW15 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Potential pen for multiple fouls, VAR will look here for Arsenal pen

*No pen

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’ve had him for ages and wouldn’t get rid of him but he can be a frustrating own at the same time. Very consistent with returns but rarely gets more than 7 or 8. Early assist tonight and then nothing despite Arsenal scoring 2 more. I’d love for him to cut loose some game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rice (Odergaard)

I think if you have him it's hard to get rid, but is he worth 8.9m to buy now? - how many people captained him against Luton? Arsenal score 4 and Saka only gets an assist, his xG was like 0.1. He's not someone that you think let's captain him this week against Luton, but if that's Salah, Son or Haaland the captain split would be way higher than what saka was - like 2.5% of top 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Rice finally paying off.....brought in after his last flurry, was quiet but cheap enough to keep in the long run I think

13pts + 2bps from 3 Arsenal payers not a bad start to the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've actually been half thinking of going Saka -> maybe Son for a few weeks.

Edit: 0.3 short so that's out.

He's not really getting the goals though. But assists are keeping him ticking along, kind of like Watkins at the start of the season. So it's hard sell when he is returning.

I know I said this before but if you knew he wasn't going to be on penalties - do you keep him? How many of his goals that he's score this season have been penalties? He has one double digit score this year, compared with say Son who is similar priced, who has 5 including a 20 pointer. The likes of say Hwang is consistently scoring - 8 goals this season but he's 3.5m cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Son and Saka have almost the same points. Both are season keepers bar injury for me.

Yea but the game in played in the future not the past. Do you think that Saka is returning the points he should for the price he is? Son is getting double digit scores on a regular basis, whereas Saka isn't, If Arsenal score, there is a decent chance it's not Saka, If Spurs score, it's likely to be Son. Are there better options out there for the same price as Saka? TAA has hit a purple patch, maybe it's worth having him? You can always go back to Saka if he does start scoring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Saka is returning over 10 ppm, whereas Son is "only" returning 9.8ppm.

Son has no returns in 8/14, Saka has no returns in 2/14.

One explodes and the other is consistent.

I have 2 FTs and may try to squeeze Saka in, have Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fwiw....I sold Saka this week essentially to jump on the TAA train (Saka & Cash out for Gordon & TAA, 2FT).

Kept Son as he seems to be more explosive..... still have my Wildly so can correct/reverse this if needs be

But over what period, is it still relevant to look at what happen in August? TAA for instance is on from and scoring big - if he was to get a double digit haul tonight people will soon set their sights on him and ignore his ppm over the season, then how do you get him in? It's not so long ago that TAA was a season keeper - if he returns to the form he had which he is showing glimpses of then what? He's cheaper than Saka, and has i would argue a higher ceiling,

The fact that people are consider moving Saka on highlights they either they believe Son has a higher ceiling in the next few games, or that Saka isn't returning like an 8.9m player should be.

Tsimikas and Nunez benched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Was the big worry, but as an owner I had to start Tsimikas and take the chance.

No Doku in starting xi so at least benching him was one right call given with got no news of his injury status.

Sheff Utd XI: Foderingham, Ahmedhodzic, Robinson, Trusty, Bogle, Souza, McAtee, Brooks, Hamer, Archer, Osula.

Subs: Davies, Lowe, Thomas, Larouci, Fleck, Norwood, Ben Slimane, Seriki, Traore.

Liverpool XI: Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Konate, Gomez, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Endo, Salah, Diaz, Gakpo.

Subs: Adrian, Pitaluga, Tsimikas, Quansah, Bradley, Jones, Elliott, Gravenberch, Nunez.

Fulham XI: Leno, Castagne, Adarabioyo, Bassey, Robinson, Cairney, Palhinha, Willian, Pereira, Iwobi, Jimenez.

Subs: Rodak, Tete, Reed, Ream, Wilson, Ballo-Toure, De Cordova-Reid, Lukic, Vinicius.

Nottingham Forest XI: Vlachodimos, Toffolo, Murillo, Felipe, Aina, Dominguez, Mangala, Sangare, Elanga, Hudson-Odoi, Origi.

Subs: Turner, Williams, Kouyate, Gibbs-White, Wood, Niakhate, Yates, Danilo, Omobamidele.

Crystal Palace XI: Johnstone, Ward, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell, Lerma, Richards, Schlupp, Olise, Edouard, Ayew.

Subs: Matthews, Tomkins, Franca, Mateta, Clyne, Hughes, Ebiowei, Ahamada, Riedewald.

Bournemouth XI: Neto, A Smith, Zabarnyi, Senesi, Kerkez, Christie, L Cook, Sinisterra, Kluivert, Semenyo, Solanke.

Subs: Travers, Mepham, Brooks, Rothwell, Ouattara, Tavernier, Moore, Kilkenny, Billing.

Brighton XI: Steele; Gross, Van Hecke, Igor, Hinshelwood; Baleba, Gilmour; Buonanotte, Adingra, Mitoma; Pedro.

Subs: Verbruggen, Milner, Moder, Ferguson, Veltman, Baker-Boaitey, Kavanagh, Barrington, O'Mahony.

Brentford XI: Flekken; Roerslev, Pinnock, Mee, Janelt; Onyeka, Baptiste, Yarmoliuk; Mbeumo, Maupay, Ghoddos.

Subs: Strakosha, Goode, Wissa, Zanka, Lewis-Potter, Damsgaard, Peart-Harris, Olakigbe, Adedokun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rashford benched too but doubt anyone has him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cash bench too. Ffs half my team is benched

• Advertisement

Mbeumo penalty

Brighton 0 - 1 Brentford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Iwobi (Willian).

Mitchell off injured and Palace clean sheet gone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Diaby to Mbeumo last week is working out well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Jiminez (Pereira)

VVD (TAA)

Gone to Var 😬

Edit: goal given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭Xander10

Assist should be removed for Trent having his arse hanging out taking the corner 😂

Gross (Mitoma)

And Mbeumo off injured

• Advertisement

Manchester United XI: Onana, Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw, Amrabat, McTominay, Fernandes, Antony, Garnacho, Hojlund.

Subs: Bayindir, Martial, Rashford, Reguilon, Pellistri, Wan-Bissaka, Van de Beek, Evans, Mainoo.

Chelsea XI: Sanchez, Disasi, Thiago Silva, Colwill, Cucurella, Caicedo, Fernandez, Sterling, Palmer, Mudryk, Jackson.

Subs: Petrovic, Badiashile, Broja, James, Maatsen, Deivid, Gilchrist, Matos, Castledine.

Aston Villa XI: Martinez, Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Digne, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Bailey, Watkins.

Subs: Marschall, Cash, Moreno, Lenglet, Diaby, Zaniolo, Duran, Dendoncker, Ramsey.

Manchester City XI: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Gvardiol, Lewis, Akanji, Stones, Foden, Alvarez, Silva, Haaland.

Subs: Ortega, Carson, Phillips, Ake, Kovacic, Gomez, Nunes, Bobb.

Advertisement