Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which pocket do you keep your wallet in?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It is a secret!

I’m not really interested in what older / younger people are doing, I do what works for me. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

40 is definitely middle age.😀

As for screen protectors, getting scratched. As Roy Keane would say. "That's their job!" and a good one does not discolour the screen.

Anyhow, everyone to their own.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It is a secret!

Left front pocket of my trousers.

Phone in the front right.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭username2013

yeah, fair enough it's been a while since I looked into using them for paying. However still think carrying your credit cards, driving license etc along with your phone is a big risk in case you lose it or it's nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I haven't bothered with screen protectors in years.

You put one on, it get scratched, you probably leave it on for a long time with the scratches there.

Kind of started to wonder what's the point in protecting the screen underneath from scratches if you never actually see it.

Went without a screen protector on my new Pixel a few months ago and there still isn't a single scratch on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That reminds me I remember the auld fella was on holidays Spain somewhere. He told a story about how someone made an announcement about being careful with their wallet as there are pick pockets around. Naturally everyone checked with their hand where there wallet was. But sure wasn't it someone who was obviously in with the pickpocket. As peoples wallets were stolen. They could now have an idea where the wallets were when people checked their wallet etc.

Fortunately he had an internal travel pack to carry his money. But normally he would have the wallet in the back pocket, casual button open and all.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

All keys and gum - front left.

Wallet and phone - front right.

Loose change - back right.

Bus transfers, when applicable - left breast pocket.

Pretty much anything else goes in the back pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Back in 2005 when i last used a wallet i kept it in my right hand pocket. Now i keep any cards in my phone slots and Google pay on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I know it's their job to take the scratches to protect the screen. I'd just prefer to see the screen without having to look through all those scratches so I use a leather case instead.

Its like the people who buy a new car and leave the plastic cover on the seats for ages so that they can keep the car in showroom condition'

But they would never have bought a car if it came with seats that were permanently wrapped in cheap plastic. You're just having an inferior experience just for the 'peace of mind' of knowing that the seat/screen is lovely and fresh underneath the protective cover

I am the opposite, although sometimes they end up in 'wrong' pockets. Always causes a few seconds of panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I used to put screen protectors on absolutely everything, new phones, handhelds consoles, the screens on cameras, anything that could be scratched.

Kind of started to feel like I was trying to preserve the screens on these items for someone in the future that wasn't me.

Feck that. Embrace entropy, don't use screen protectors. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Baba Yaga

my butler carries all that,ruins the cut of my suit...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

What's with all these stupid f!*King posts lately asking pointless personal questions, ' which way do you face in the shower ' ' do you put on a sock then a shoe ' ' what pocket do you carry your f!#k8ng wallet in ! "

Feck off !

Well if the likes of Newstalk and fluff morning TV can ask questions with a straight face such as 'How often do you change your bed sheets' - text etc etc.

Boards might as well take over!

--

All I think of now is that Charlie Haughey never carried any money on him. No clue about his bedsheets though. Although I am sure Terry Keane knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I wish I was one of those women who keep all their **** in their purse or bag but I'm all over the place...I have a pocket in my current regatta jacket by my left breast where is the place I mostly put my card atm...it's the modern equivalent of putting money down your top 😁😁

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

It might not be cutting edge social commentary, but better than wall to wall conspiracy theory alt right racism and posts about 'scrotes' and 'dole scroungers'

If something about the thread is upsetting you, I suggest you report it rather than just whinge on thread.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Ok apologies. It was a bit tongue in cheek but no offence meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

It is a secret!

Used to be a back pocket guy until I did a manual handling course recently. And plenty of images like the below showing why you should never keep stuff in back pocket.

Is that not uncomfortable sitting on a wallet? That would drive me mad. Something I had not realised only for the above post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

I have a front hanging elephant trunk bollocks so I lay that on my left side and wallet in right pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

No option for front pockets?

Advertisement