Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*cking parking wardens

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

You do sarcasm just ike that driver parks...= badly!

Perhaps the car fell from the sky onto the bollard and that's the reason the bollard is wedged behind the bumper ?

Now thats me being sarcastic..

Post edited by Kaisr Sose on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Yeah that scenario is just slightly less ridiculous than your previous one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its a yellow hatched area which means no parking, young fella is completely in the wrong to park there in the first place. Parking warden is still completely right for issuing ticket!

Post edited by Kimbot on

As is the scenario you outlined (skidding into the bollard while parking)...just sayin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

Here's a scenario, driver parks on junction box and get ticket. Get in car and tries to drive forward but doesn't see bollard, hears the scrape as bollard pushes into wheel arch. Reverses, but it was too late, bollard catches behind panel and causes damage shown.

Warden's done nothing unusual

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Not sure why there is a discussion about how the car got damaged as it has nothing to do with it being parked illegally.

You can be damned sure that the OP (or whoever owns the car) didn't go around the corner to the garda station and tell them about them leaving a damaged car in the manner that they did so why would they expect a traffic warden to offer a different view on it!

@Seth Brundle

That's not in doubt. OP had said car skidded into bollard while parking on ice/frost. From the second post on people saying that can't be so or how do you end up like that.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

To be fair, I think the Op has been leading people on right since the start with tidbits of information, etc. Even the thought of skidding as the OP suggested is just expecting people to believe your daft excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Trying to come up with a credible story for his appeal 😂🤣🤣

Agreed .... I recall a total reluctance to even share details of the location but some good detective work by a poster drew white smoke form the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Hugely difficult alright, believe he had to rig up a couple of super computers to run an AI version of Sherlock Holmes to discover the TWO pay and display car parks in Donegal Town, then he had to hack the NSA to get satellite images of the same car parks to see the ONE area with yellow box & bollards.

Good grief lads, I posted a pic of a crashed car with a parking ticket on it, and criticized the warden for giving it. Now if you think the warden was right - fair enough - I think he was a dick for doing it; and that was what the post was about.

Dunno why some of the posters on here seem to behaving like some kind of conspiracy nut jobs, coming up with scenarios - one more nonsensical than the other is beyond me, as to how the car ended up where/how it did; and really has bugger all to do with the point(lessness) of this thread 🙄 LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Are you certain that the ticket was put there after the attempted car-bollard humping incident? If the driver was thick enough not to notice a bollard, it is quite possible that they had been driving around with a ticket on the windscreen for a while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭raxy

If you don't want the thread to grow legs why don't/didn't you give enough information for people to actually decide if the warden was a dick or not.

Who took the photo & at what time? The op doesn't mention time or where the driver was meant to be. It's clearly daylight in the photo but you say the driver was going to work. At this time of year its not that bright at 9am. Did the driver crash & go to work ignoring the crashed car? How long after crashing was the ticket issued & how long after that was the photo taken?

I'd say any warden would have given the driver time before issuing a ticket.

Was he a dick? Maybe but probably not!

Can anyone judge from your posts? Definitely not

Is it your car? Good chance it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I remember Donegal Town before there was a traffic warden.

It was like most towns were in those days.

Cars parked all day in prime spots, cars double parked, no place to pull in to make deliveries etc.

Motorists and businesses have reason to be grateful to traffic wardens.

Advertisement