Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*cking parking wardens

Options
  • 04-12-2023 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Just today, someone crashed into a bollard when parking (Donegal Town), warden has come along an given him a parking ticket

What a complete d*ckhead move.

Council parking wardens are definitely contributing to the decline in shopping locally, no feckin' leeway / grace given...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well crashing into a bollard isn't anyone's fault but their own - and if I'm not mistaken the car is now parked on a yellow box, so where's the issue?

(That must have been quite the high-speed parking manoeuvre to manage to wrap the car around the bollard like that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Perhaps if the council's car park had been gritted he would have been able to park as normal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I dont see the issue, they are parked and if they have no valid parking ticket then they deserve to get a ticket for same just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Everyone elses fault but the driver who crashed their car into a bollard?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm sure you mean well but I think a little more detail is needed.

How did the bollard get behind the foglight without breaking it ?

Why has the car not been removed to a panel beaters for repair ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

How TF did they achieve that!

The front of the bumper "isn't damaged) did they side sweep it then straighten the wheels up? Or is it Photoshopped?

Either way, park like the rules don't apply to you and get a ticket seems fair enough!

I thought photoshop as well!

The wheels, and indeed the car, are suspiciously straight for allegedly having slid on ice into a nose-on parking space at speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If that was this morning I assume it was sheet ice and couldn't stop.

Tyres look worn out as well.

Illegally parked I guess it's the yellow box. But If you park regularly in town just buy a monthly or yearly ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Is that even a legal parking space? looks like its on a yellow hatch lines...?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

We'll done parking warden.

If you're tool enough to drive into a bollard and it must be the crappiest bumper to do that damage. Plus it's parked on what looks like a yellow box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭AUDI20

I would give the Traffic Warden a medal and get the Driver of that car to resit his driving test

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Whatever gobsh1te left that car there had tried to exit via a pedestrian entrance. They presumably ignored the yellow hatched markings on the ground indicating that you don't stop there. They presumably didn't see the obvious bollard there (they did manage to not hit the other one but I reckon that was just pure luck).

So not only did they do that damage to their car, they then decided that the best course of action would be to ignore the hatched markings and leave their car parked there blocking a pedestrian entrance.

...and yet you think the warden is a d*ckhead for fining them?

If someone is moving into a parking spot then they should be doing so at a slow speed regarless of any potential ice. For all you know, the door of an adjacent car may suddenly open. Anyhow, if someone skids on ice as they are parking then they are driving too fast especially where there are pedestrians. That this driver (in your eyes) may have skidded on ice at a pedestrian exit just shows that this particular driver probably should not be driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Thread didn't go the way the OP hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Paddigol

LOL... motorist (it would be that make/ model wouldn't it) can't park, can't drive, can't take responsibility for own actions... but it's somebody else's fault. Same fella (cos you 100% know it's a man) would probably loose his mind if he came across a couple of cyclists two abreast. Yeah... leeway/ grace...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Fieldsman

If that's a yellow box then I'd like to see the Council get a ticket for a faded road marking. I also think the RSA should introduce an NCT like test for the awful standard of all road markings e.g signs covered by overgrown hedges, worn out road markings etc. even in my town I've seen traffic lights and stop signs blocked by branch's and yet if you've the slightest mark on your windscreen they will fail your test saying it effects the view of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭StormForce13

Or perhaps they only gritted the parking spaces, on the basis that no one could possibly be stupid enough to park in a yellow box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Paddigol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tbf, there's no hi-viz builders vest on that bollard and it's painted in ninja black colour, how is the poor hard pressed motorist expected to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Firblog

Definitely hasn't gone the way I thought :/

Car is not blocking or in front of a pedestrian anything.

Car is not parked, it is obviously crashed.

It seems most posters on here would applaud someone getting fined for bleeding/littering after being knocked down crossing the road - "fecker should have been looking where they were going"

How is it parked perfectly straight, with wheels straightened, while apparently wrapped around a bollard?

And can you confirm that it's parked on yellow box markings?

Something about all this doesn't add up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In a way it doesn't really matter what happened the car or who owned it etc but if it was parked where it shouldn't have been or was parked without paying the appropriate parking charge then all I can say is well done to that particular traffic warden. That's the type of people we need more of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Well this is just my reaction.

If I had just crashed , after I had got over the initial wtf just happened....I'm ok....I didn't hit anyone etc

I'd be in to the insurance company/garage to get the car towed.

I've witnessed two cars go from driving normally to smoking and catching fire, so I'd be fairly reluctant to leave the car with god knows what damage under the bonnet encase it did catch fire.

I doubt I'd have the energy to wander off up town leaving the car, anyway.

If I did, I'd leave a note on the windscreen detailing the time of accident and garage en route.

I'd also pay for parking if I was leaving the car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Sideswiped the bollard while trying to exit maybe and then tried to reverse themselves out of it? Only thing I can think of but otherwise LOL

Car is not blocking or in front of a pedestrian anything.

The two bollards and the yellow hatched markings would say otherwise. If I'm mistaken then maybe you could clarify and tell us exactly which car park this is and we can examine for ourselves?

Car is not parked, it is obviously crashed.

You should look up the definition of parked under the law. The traffic warden obviously knows it hence the ticket!

It seems most posters on here would applaud someone getting fined for bleeding/littering after being knocked down crossing the road - "fecker should have been looking where they were going"

Why do you think that as it is a completely different scenario to some eejit crashing their car at a pedestrian exit and then making the decision to park the car there while they do off about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dclifford

Looks like the bollard is no longer attached to the ground. It seems to be that the car moved it.

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

You mean someone doing their job to keep the roadways clear of illegally parked vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Thanks, I see that now.

I wonder was it a late night mishap and the driver just went home to bed and didn't get up early to get the car away.

Anyone out there in Donegal Town with the full story ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement