Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our planning system backin the news

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

In terms of planning law, no I don’t believe so. But overall, clearly extortion.

It’s a separate aspect of law and not up to LAs or ABP to police imo. If ABP is under resourced, that’s a separate issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I didn’t miss those posts in the thread. I also consider those posts to be irrelevant. They are random opinions online, as are your posts and mine. None of these are part of the story. The No True Scotsman argument is immaterial imo.

Clearly it matters to the ENGO sector as evidenced by the contributions to the programme by their spokesperson Sadhbh O'Neill.

I had never head of that person. But their online profile does not highlight relevance. English degree, Yoga diploma, Philosophy PHD. Lots of campaigns. Seems like another fake expert tbh.

A genuine NGO is properly constituted with a board or committee. It has a structure and set aims which are publicly declared. It publishes annual accounts and is tax compliant.

Is a board or number of staff required? I’d a suite of 5 excluded? Is the constitution/accounts etc required to be published? Does the law say that? Genuine question.

We dont know whether these guys were paying tax. Of course they should.

im not claiming these guys were a NGO. I’m literally curious whether NGO status is a legal definition

I couldn't see them being fooled so easily.

who was fooled? It was objection for ransom. Even if they knew it was BS, the fact if exists means they have to respond.

Advertisement