Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 04-12-2023 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

I've two free transfers this week, with 0.2 in the bank. Think I'll go from Darwin to Solanke, and potentially use the second to get rid of Areola. I'm considering going double Arse at the back and get Raya in (already have Saliba). The only problem is that that stops me adding another Arsenal attacker (have Saka already) should they hit some real form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Lecter8319

I’ve transferred out pope for Leno & brought in livramento aswell. Keeping Nunez because they’ve got Sheffield United next & I think he’ll come good

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

He’s a rotation risk for that Sheffield game, but I also think he’ll start scoring more regularly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I feel he's one game away from a monster and should hopefully kick on then, problem is he's been one game away for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I have been super busy with work and life in general over the last few months, so I have been neglecting my team. This is my team, which has been trucking along TBF.

Not really sure what to do. Son and Salah will be missing for Jan, but I don't want to transfer them out until I have to. I'd like to get TAA, but his price would mess up the team. My 3 premium players are still returning, so I'm not transferring any of them out.

Will Salah and Son drop in price when people start to transfer them out for Jan? I'm going to take a hit transferring them out and then back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Areola to Dubravka is very tempting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Luiz to Hee Chan done, was just .1 short on getting Gordon in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dubvranka could end up being a short term pick, but with a nice run of fixtures until Jan 1st, he could be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭FantasyFool

Looking at fixtures- What do ye think of Watkins to Isak?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I actually did that Friday night for a hit because I panicked when I saw he was flagged at 50%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking of sorting out my keeper situation I have Areola and Turner

Considering Dubravka or Raya

DDG was the first name to come to my mind if Pope was out for extended period of time,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Have 2 FT. I'm thinking it may be time to reduce Villa assets, have Watkins and D Luiz. Watkins returning v City or Arsenal wouldn't be any surprise though. Dubravka, Isak and Gordon all tempting - downsides are possible fatigue for Newcastle with so many out, Gordon flagged now, and two tricky away fixtures to Everton and Spurs.

Think Palmer maybe a better shout than Gordon but the latter has great form.

Darwin looks very tempting too, 3 good fixtures if he could put the changes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

The more I think about this the better it looks, Isak has Lutun in GW18 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I wouldn't get rid of Watkins. Fixture proof, has returned in 11 out of 14 GWs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Dubravka is a very good keeper, I can't see them going for a DDG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'll move Johnston to Dubravka for a few weeks, freed up funds allow me to move Saliba to Trippier next week which I've somehow gone without for too long.

Anyone see how Sterling looked this week? From next week he has a nice run of SHU, wol, CRY, lut, FUL - would be a nice differential if he'd any form

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Straightforward Turner to Dubravka swap for me.

Really want Tripp or TAA but impossible without losing a quality midfielder or taking a -8.

They can pickup a free agent at any time tho right? So he could be playing by the weekend if they wanted

Maybe he is, but would you trust Klauris as back up - given their luck this season, if Pope is out for 4/5 months they need to have either a number 1 or number 2 as backup if they seriously want to get back into the CL next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Would they not have to wait until January to register him though?

Yeah I think special exemption needs to be made in order to register players outside of the windows. They generally do happen when it is a injury crisis, more so when in the GK department, but as it's only 1 GK injury with 2 fit senior GKs still at the club, I doubt that Newcastle would receive it.

I don't think so, this article thinks you can sign a FA whenever you want.

In Football Manager you certainly can anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 2 FTs literally burning an actual hole in my pocket....I've been playing relatively conservatively this year which has left me in the relatively conservative position of 900K OR.

I'd like to get another Liverpool player in (either Darwin or TAA)....which will involve getting rid of either Son or Saka for Gordon.

I guess Saka has been underwhelming lately....Son seems to have a much higher ceiling?

Any thoughts or feedback appreciated 👍

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Signing and registering to play are 2 different things though.

That article is behind a paywall, so can't read it all.

It seems they have to be registered by a certain date or wait until the transfer window opens in order to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,078 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

perhaps crazily, i got Trent in 4 weeks ago when everyone was going for Tsimikas. it's a ludicrous amount of money, but i'm currently getting away with it a little. it's meant Martinelli instead of Saka and Alvarez instead of Watkins, so I don't know if it's been sensible.

i'll probably roll a transfer for this midweek. Tempted to get Dubravka in, but might risk Areola again instead, and take stock with two free transfers for the weekend.

I think Gabriel and Gordon are the only ones with a reasonable risk of rotation - the former for a potential rest, and Gordon because he seemed to be limping on Saturday (if he's fit, there's no way he's rested).

Areola

Trent Schar Gabriel

Gordon Mbeumo Martinelli Salah Diaz

Alvarez Haaland

Subs: Turner Archer Digne Kobore

I read something else that it depends how many players they have already registered for the season - if they have a space they could potential register him and he's free to play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I'd look at shipping out Cash and/or Luiz. Gordon or Palmer both good options for Luiz

Dubvranka would appeal to me, as he can rotate well with Raya for me - they would play Luton / Villa / Fulham / Luton / Forest / Fulham / Crystal Palace / Forest and then re-evaluate again.

But the main thing stopping me doing it is that it would lock me out of Newcastle assets and would be doubled up on their defence while I already own Livramento. I had earmarked Isak to come in around GW 17/18/19 to cover the BGW Man City players with some nice fixtures - Fulham / Luton / Forest.

I guess the alternative to Isak would be Watkins, who I've just sold. But his fixtures are tougher in the same 3 GW period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dubravka looks like he might rise tonight and Turner fall for anyone making that move

Advertisement