Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Comments by Limerick councillor - comments with potential to insight violence / murder

Options
  • 30-11-2023 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,837 ✭✭✭✭

I’m reading this in sort of a jaw on ground level of disbelief, i really am….

so in the Republic of Ireland, a democracy (ahem) we now have a councillor, advocating the murder of our citizens. Whether you agree with what happened, whether you are disgusted or appalled by it Mr. Talukder….this is actually a democracy that doesn’t value murder as a way of solving issues. It solved nothing in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s or 90’s

he is reported to be on record as saying.. “I’d like to see them shot in the head or bring the public in and beat them until they die,”

Human Rights Watch have called the country he hails from, Bangladesh, as being violent and autocratic….. however Ireland is for the most part, peaceful and democratic…. And the riots / protest were not comparable or representative…

considering when the comment was made, how public it is / was…. Any reports of the Gardai knocking on his door for a word ? I’m actually floored that I can be living in an age where is this country, a person elected to public office would come out with such disorderly, evil and undemocratic statements …. Yet…. It’s awful quiet….. 🙄

Post edited by Strumms on

Comments

Advertisement