Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank/First Active Offset mortgages, here's the answer to previous thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭paul321123

Did not here of anyone getting payment yet eventhough they said they said it will be paid out front the 10 January, I am also not contesting it and am happy with what they offered me, but for people who did not use the facility to the full and have savings in another account or who will be coming into some money soon it would be worth contacting them to get that factored into there calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Has anyone received the payment yet? Going to Spain next Thursday and planning on using it for a lot of sangria! Is it being deposited in the account or coming as a cheque would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

Got a letter today saying it will be deposited into accounts and due before the 18 of January

Should be in you acoount by end of next week, don't close or change you bank details until you have received it or else they will send it by cheque.

I rang them about something else last week and got the link to verify details through an online portal. I assume they don’t need anything else?

• Advertisement

They don't need anything else, just out of curiosity, are there two of you on the mortgage? Did you only undated your details, I was told one one person needs to do this, just wondering if anyone else did the same

No I was lucky enough to remove my ex wife from the mortgage last year and keep the offset. Great timing actually 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭McSween

My father was a ‘guarantor’ but i put his details up anyway. I said on the phone i was the title holder. No issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7 brenlixnaw

i now have the money put into my ulster bank account ,ill wait for the letter/statement then ill close the account and pay off the mortgage and get the balance sent to my BOI account seems a bit too easy when said like that but at last it puts all this to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

Did you ask for a deal before paying it off as if the mortgage is been bought as part of the block of mortgages there will be a discount I would ring and ask if you can get the same discount that they would be applying when selling this portfolio of mortgages

• Advertisement

Did not receive the money yet but am going to pay the mortgage down when it does arrive, or do you think that there is more to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kenif

I don't think there is more. I suspect the buyer is already lined up and fully aware of new T&C's.... That said, with the payment I'll be 100% offset. So won't cost me anything to wait closer to the end of offset(23rd of May I think). Just in case

Don't think I'll leave it that close don't want to be dealing with another bank just incase something happens, will probably start to close by end of March

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

I have the money in the account. Will move the money to credit union. Then will see who buys the mortgage - a bank or fund. If it’s a bank I will wait for the mortgage to move over before setting up a current account with new bank (aib, boi) otherwise i may end up with difficulties down the line. If it’s a fund then it doesn’t really matter

I thought that you need to provide UB with a new bank account before the end of May am I correct in saying that?

I also received payment into bank account today and am trying to move to another account but I think I have my daily transfer set at 1k so will need to change that.

Are there many people going to draw down there mortgage? What's the best way to do this? Anyone know how long it take to complete.

I think just a few days. They have an online section for requests to do so but I don't think it works for offset mortgages. I know I couldn't use the manage my mortgage function online. Best thing to do is ring them.

1K unless you get the card reader. Ulster Bank will move any funds left once you close the account if you use the switcher service, again online and again I'd just ring them.

Thanks for that, I will try the card reader to see if I can transfer the money, will give them a ring regarding paying down my mortgage but will do it maybe next month, I want to have it all done before they transfer the mortgage,

I have not got it yet. Checking every few minutes 😂 But I will withdraw it and put in my other account and leave enough to cover the mortgage every month until I’m told where my mortgage is being transferred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 darthinvader

Asked for my payment to be recalculated as I offset full amount since offer, told me by email that new calculation comes out the same. Has anyone asked how they calculate it, do you think they will have to provide workings under a GDPR access request.

Is it the same because you had already maxed out. i.e remaining mortgage x remaining term at 4% is the max

If you were already largely offset then the way they doubled the first calculation would of brought you up to the max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

Have to wait for the taxman's cut now?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Unlikely there will be any. There was an article (irish times i think) which said that mutters said it was unlikely taxable. We will see

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Only discovering this forum now.

I haven’t used the offset much and was offered the minimum payment. I’ve still 15 years left on mortgage with a remaining balance of over 100K.

My circumstances have recently changed, meaning I have now access to 60% of balance.

Is it to late to try renegotiate my sum, and if I transfer funds to UB account, can I still withdraw once payments received?

Has anyone else still not got the payment? Rang them this morning and they didn’t have a clue. The team responsible are not contactable.

There is not harm in phoning them up to see if it will change their calculation, I think some else on here had the same issue and it did not make any difference, as far as I can make out there calculations are also based on time so if that's the case not sure if it will make any difference but worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ceide

Payment into my a/c on Tues, had already rang 2 weeks ago as I had not received any communication at all. Spoke to Scottish guy. Have had 2 phone calls from irish UB staff checking had I rec letters and both letters arrived today. Compliments to the call back staff who were very helpful and followed up very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

The good people over in askaboutmoney are getting on to revenue to see would they like to take 33 percent tax of our little windfall, and its only in the account today, can we not look at it for a few more days before they come looking for there cut ,some people just can't enjoy the moment,

Lucky you. I’m in the dark. Still nothing and different answer every time I ring to say they don’t know what’s going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KevRen007

Received cheque in post today, even though we verified our details before Xmas. Cheque made out to both names as per UB a/c and marked a/c payee. Problem is we didn’t open up a new joint a/c, so how to lodge it? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭phormium

Had you closed the linked current or savings accounts attached to the mortgage?

Advertisement