Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 Transfer Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've two options

Turner -> Kelleher

I'm wild carding in 19 so a short term punt. Next three are great for Liverpool

Neto -> MGW

Would be on the bench this week, so really just covering Watkins possibly being out.

FPL Focal reckons he may have news pre deadline on Watkins. That could make the decision for me.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I think anyone going for Kelleher is a bit mad. Liverpool always look like that can concede and Alisson was a big reason when they didn’t.

Your other option is fairly tame (not like you) considering you have Colwill and Pau sitting there to pull you out of a hole.

I’d be going more aggressive and try to attack a good set of fixtures by looking at moving out Watkins, Martinelli or Gordon.

You could bring in Darwin or Doku or Foden or whomever you think has a good run. You could even have a ‘floating’ position and change the player every week to target a poor team like Sheff Utd so bring in a midfielder or striker playing against them each week.

I think that way of thinking is more aggressive and has a bigger points potential than shoring up an already shored (real word?) bench.

Looking at the fixtures (the next 3 anyway) and it’s hard not to want another LFC attacker.

I just moved Darwin out last week, chose Watkins over him

I know Martinelli isn't going well but they're playing Wolves and Luton in the next two.

The plan is Sterling and Son in for 16, Isak and Trippier for 18.

Can you not see Liverpool getting two CS out of the next three?

MGW could be up front if they rest Wood, I think he has double digit potential

You've given me more to think about though

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

With your planned transfers you’ll struggle to use a wildcard in 19. Those are all great planned buys.

Whenever I watch Liverpool I just always think they are very capable of conceding and Alisson definitely saved them on many occasions but of course they could get 3 clean sheets in a row.

I just like explosive options when I’m dead ending. I want a guy that will be starting (and in my team too but it sound like you’d be benching MGW) and capable of a big score.

I never mind giving you options because I know you always do your own thing anyway.

I just don’t think there are 3 better attacking fixtures than what Liverpool have now. Even Diaz is an option albeit not likely an explosive one. That’s why I keep coming back to Darwin for Watkins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Diaz or Nunez as 3rd Liverpool player.

2x attack instead of 2x defence, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I’m thinking of doing Watkins, Martinelli and Cash to Jesus, Palmer and Trent for a -4. Martinelli scored during the week so doesn’t really make sense selling him but his form in PL hasn’t been great and I need to downgrade someone to get Trent. Palmer certainly not a downgrade in terms of quality though. Some decent fixtures coming up as well. Might be a knee-jerky to get Trent, but the sight if him scoring last week, shushing the crowd in the new Predators has blinded me a bit. Playing in the more advanced position, I think there are surely more attacking returns to come from him but he is too pricey to keep if he’s not returning them, so a slight risk to get in. Same with Jesus. I could get Isak either, but I feel Arsenal are full of confidence after their performance during the week and a goal and an assist will have done Jesus the world of good.

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Bowen and Watkins out for Mbuemo and Isak for a hit

Done before price change deadline just about

Is 18 not putting people off getting rid of Watkins? He's the best captaincy option that week by some distance

I hate being one of those people who just comes on and ignores whatever advice is given to them!

• Advertisement

Without any news on Watkins I think I'll roll and get James in next week, chase the upside that way

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think Isak might be a captain option that GW too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I did two free transfers in the end this week: Cash out for Pinnock and Watkins out for Darwin. Basically since both are doubts went for the safer options who are expected to start

Advertisement