Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 14 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 26-11-2023 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭

2 free transfers and I'm relatively happy with my team. 0 ITB.

I fancy getting Mbeumo in but at a loss to see how I fit him in.

Midfield options are Salah, Saka, Son, Gordon, Chukwuemeka and forwards are Haaland, Darwin and Watkins.

My main 7 all have good fixtures this week.

I could look at getting rid of Saka or Son but it feels like something I'd regret later on. Getting rid of Chuk wouldn't allow me to get to Mbeumo either with nothing ITB. Is he necessary?

My defenders are Tsimikas, Gabriel, Ward, Taylor and Cash, the latter is on the chopping block for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Cash out for me too. Angry now that I accepted the recent price drop.

I’ll be looking for a defender with a good fixture in 18.

Savage amount of midfielders anyone would want in their team.

Salah, Saka, Son, Mbeumo, Bowen, Gordon, Palmer and maybe a couple of others too.

Really hard to pick 5 and even harder to stick with those 5 for a good few gameweeks without trying to get a different one in. Son is the one I don’t have but I want.

edit - and that’s not accounting for the fact that 3-4-3 is very viable. I currently have Haaland, Alvarez and Watkins and can’t really justify selling any of them so I only need 4 of the above midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think it's a great year for going with 8 attackers. No clean sheets and lots of cheap mids

Had planned on getting James in, leave it for a week now

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Have the same front 3 but kinda going off Alvarez now. Not getting many returns in last 7 weeks or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Might switch Alvarez -> Haaland myself this week. Haaland will eat up that Spurs high line and FBs playing CB. Would require dropping Son to MID fodder though, but for 2 FTs. Original plan was Watkins out in GW 15 but might have to re-think that.

Just read today that KDB not due back until the new year so I’ll keep Alvarez for these very tasty fixtures.

When KDB is back I’ll sell Alvarez and go 352.

Have all cheap defenders myself. I think 4.8m is the most I’ve paid for my current crop.

Im tempted by James too and I’ll want Trippier back in gameweek 17 so I may have to sell one of my strong front 8.

I have

Salah, Saka, Doku, Gordon and Palmer

Watkins, Alvarez and Haaland up front.

Got Gordon at 5.5m, Palmer at 4.9m and Alvarez at 6.5m so very reluctant to sell any of them.

In that case I’d go with Trippier over James but only because of injury likelihood.

I could work towards 352 and sell -

Cash, Tsimikas, Gordon and Alvarez

and buy -

Trippier, James, Mbeumo and Archer

Not sure whether to do it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Cash out, probably for Trippier but maybe Pinnock

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be selling Gordon, looks kinda fixture proof, I'd nearly say Mbuemo is a downgrade

I hear ya and I don’t really disagree with you but I’d rather have Mbeumo for his run over Gordon’s run.

I think Gordon has overperformed and will hopefully lose some minutes as Harvey Barnes is due back very soon. I think Gordon had been overplayed and especially having played in that summer international tournament.

That all said he is playing brilliantly and it will be very hard for Howe to rest him.

I can always swap back in gameweek 17 or 18 if it goes really bad.

Alisson could be out for a while. Kelleher starting GK at 3.9 against Fulham Palace & Sheffield Utd?

On pens too 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is White a sell? Know he was injured against Burnley but was taken off last couple previous to that and benched Saturday.

Big money for those minutes. Himself and Cash are not value for money right now

Does Kelliher outscore Johnstone between now and 18?

I'd wait to look for confirmed news on Alisson before doing the comparison myself.

But, Liverpool haven't kept any CS in the 5 games he has played so far this season, albeit in cup teams. He'd have VVD etc ahead of him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Diaby to Mbeumo, can't be having players that get subbed at half time.

On this, I’d say Gordon might turn out to be a Son like player in always outperforming his xg and xgi.

I say that because he looks to be an excellent finisher (better than most strikers currently in prem) and has Wilson and Isak to convert any assists. His team is also very attacking at home

I’m still selling him this week but may get him back if he continues to over-perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

I read an article recently that Van dijk last played in goal when he was 4 🤔

• Advertisement

I won’t need to. I’ll go into it with 2 FT’s and sell Mbeumo and Alvarez.

That will give me 11 outfield players to choose from.

edit - I just looked at the fixtures and looks a poor choice for free hit. It’s an easy decision to save it.

Is it Gordon you'll want back in 18? Seems like a lot of transfers booked in just to have Mbuemo for 4 GWs. I am biased here, I don't see him as this unmissable asset that everyone else sees him as. He has a lot of penalties and 90+ minute break away goals and I'd question how repeatable a skill that is.

You said you have Doku but I don't see him on your team?

FWIW Alvarez seems to me to be your biggest issue, Cash after that

Well I don’t know what happening in the ‘community’ as I’m not listening to podcasts.

I’ve been kicking myself for not starting with Mbeumo in gameweek 1 as I wanted him all preseason. In the end I just had too much money in the bank so I regretfully ’upgraded’ him. So maybe I’m eventually correcting that mistake and especially for his upcoming fixtures

My second free transfer this week will be Gordon to Doku if the latter comes through his European game in good health.

My gameweek 18 FT’s will be Mbeumo and Alvarez out for Son and Archer (or the like).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'll sit on my hands this week, had a poor week last week but the fixtures look a lot kinder for my lot this week. Will start planning then next week to shuffle up the defence. Saliba, Tsimika, Cash, Digne and Kabore is getting stale.

I was going to wait until the Luton game to bring in Haaland, and I also had the option of delaying that if we got word that he would be rested there after playing Spurs & Villa in a few days.

But that Spurs high line, and injury crisis, is making me re-think that and luckily have 2 FTs to use.

I can do either of these and just trying to figure out if it is worth having 8 attackers and benching 1 each week, and then if I do go down that route, which route to go with. Watkins is the man in better form but has tougher fixtures and Alvarez has the better fixtures coming up, with no PL form.

1) Son & Watkins -> Haaland & Gordon/Palmer

2) Son & Alvarez -> Haaland & 4.9 bench MID

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Emery on Ollie Watkins: "He was not available today. He felt something yesterday. I don't think its important but we decided not to take the risk. Secondly, we wanted minutes for Jhon Duran."

Says he's unsure if Watkins will be fit for Bournemouth but "hopefully yes."

Might take a punt on Watkins & Chukmuemeka to Mbuemo & Archer. Will leave 0.9 ITB. Already have Darwin & Haaland up front.

I didn't want to move Watkins on ahead of Bournemouth but the injury might nudge me on.

Watkins next 4 are - bou, MCI, ARS, bre

Mbeumo - LUT, bha, shu, AVI

Think Mbeumo might slightly shade it for me over the next 4 GW's and then could look to bring Watkins back for GW18 when Mbeumo has a blank.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Option 1 for the reasons I've outlined in my post with Watkins! You should look to get Haaland in IMO, I think he's the best captain choice this week over Salah.

I'd also side with Gordon over Palmer, trust Newcastle more than Chelsea and although Gordon is overperforming his xG, he's the man in form for Newcastle right now. Undroppable.

Gordon actually has a better fixture than Palmer in BGW18 too, so that's another reason to side with him.

• Advertisement

Yeah Watkins has the form but doesn't have the fixtures coming up. Some tough games. The 2 easier games are both away from home too, where Villa have not been great, albeit Watkins has a good number of returns in them. Bournemouth are coming into a bit of form themselves too at home, by beating teams that they should be beating, so they will be a trickier opposition than you'd think IMO. So if you can get through that game with Watkins either not playing or blanking, you've 'won' a bit there.

It's probably the best time to hop off Villa IMO, and then back on again around GW18. The injury doubt kinda of helps my own decision over the line, but I have a massive Haaland shaped factor in my thinking too.

I think that Brighton fixture will be good for Mbeumo too.

Advertisement