Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COUNTDOWN TO CHELTENHAM 2024!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

For anyone who wants to join the telegram group

Please outline here in 300 words or less why we should even consider allowing you in.

Please include the following accompanying documents for our perusal

• Your revolut card details and 3 digit security number
    • your mothers maiden name
    • the name of your first family pet
    • a picture of your wife/girlfriend

Applications will be accepted up to and including 12pm Monday, 11th March 2024.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Sir Gino, had been out to 5/1 on the exchanges.

And Salvator mundi clipped all the way into 9/2 best price

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭dickdasr1234

My fancies for the handicaps:

Tuesday

Ultima: Amirite 16/1

Boodles: Nara 16/1

Wednesday

Coral: Might I 16/1

Grand Annual: In Excelsis Deo 14/1

Thursday

Pertemps: Noble Birth 16/1

Trustatrader: Madara 12/1

Kim Muir: Amirite 14/1/Famous Bridge 40/1

Friday

County: Pied Piper 14/1

Martin Pipe: Answer to Kayf 16/1

Yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

I’ve backed;

Amirite for Ultima

MilanTino for Boodles

Path D’Oroux & Frero Banbou for Grand Annual

Icare Allen for Pertemps

A nibble at Beacon Edge at long odds for Coral Cup

Sorry I’m also on Answer to Kayf for MP. Did that last week and forgot about it until I read your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well you backed some good prices there fair play to you. I must put up my own in a while.

Hehe, yeah, my problem is choosing the right entry. My antepost bets have been decimated, though mostly NRNB.

I do it every year and still haven't learned but his has got to be the worst year I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

In an interview on racing tv yesterday with Willie Mullins he said they send them over in batches ...said not enough stables over there for all the horses.

I saw the fist load of Elliotts on the road yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

Unreal...6 Mullins horses in opening race, only 3 English...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,051 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brazil for Coral Cup e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Sent all the above , also sent photos front and back of my passport just to prove l'm serious about joining the group .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

I think the first 2 races are going to set the tone for the week. If Mullins wins both, you would fancy him to win 7 or 8 in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭bleaks

Is this bet still available? Not seeing it on PP

My bets for Tuesday so far:

Supreme: A little e/w on Asian Master. Willie mentioned him when talking about Fact to File on one of the stable tour videos, as this lad finished second to that horse in a point to point. He said that FtF beat a very nice horse that they are sending to the supreme. I know that the jockey is inexperienced but on the flip side, it might be telling that with all the good horses the family have put through their hands down the years, they are hanging on to this lad. Might be a bit longer than he should as it's hard to rate where he stands in the pecking order as the ride was not up for grabs.

Arkle: Quillixios win: Won the Triumph here as a juvenile. Disappointed a bit over hurdles afterwards. Is 2 from 3 over fences this season, and I'd forgive the defeat over 3 miles. Looked much better last time over 2M at Naas. There are questions about those above him in the market.

Ultima: My initial bet here was Amirite ante-post but that's gone by the wayside. I've done Monbeg Genius as a single and have put The Goffer in a yankee.

Champion hurdle: State Man on the exchanges after the initial news about CH came out. I thought it must be very telling that he scoped poorly twice this year already so I took a chance.

Mares: I won't back against Lossiemouth but can't back her at the odds. I have her in a short-priced accumulator but it's not going to make a fortune even if it comes in.

Boodles: Milan Tino. I think the Irish form looks a bit ordinary but as this is a handicap there might be something thrown in. However, this lad has a fair weight for what he has achieved so far along with course experience.

National Hunt Chase: Salvador Ziggy. I had the misfortune to be on both of the top two in the market here last year, and they both blotted their copybook. The favourite also had an unfortunate exit from his prep race so I have gone with the next best aside from the top two. I know that SZ also had the unsatisfactory trip to the US as non-ideal prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭jacool

He is currently on 94 winners - that would see him over the ton this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Supreme

I know he beat trees but I was hugely impressed with MISTERGIF's one and only run so far for WM when he won at the Limerick Xmas meeting and is entitled to come on for that run. 12/1 ew with 4 places on offer from pp is a decent shout in a very open race.

Willie Mullins has sent 4 horses to the Supremein the past 10yrs that had previously run in France, 3 have won and the other was 2nd.

Tullyhill had a freebie lto and just can't have him with his jumping.

Firefox returning lame from the DRF isn't ideal prep and Gallileo is yet to Sire a Supreme winner Albeit from just 6 attempts but still can't have Mystical Power.

Slade Steel is better over further and Jeriko Du Reponet's rating would only barely get him in to the Coral Cup so not for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Other Day 1 bets

Sticking with the Double Green for the Arkle with Hunters Yarn.

He beat a 142 rated horse by 10L on the snaff and can easily the 160+ rating required to win this race. The rest of the field have all been already asked questions in their races to date and haven't hit that mark and I don't see where the necessary improvement would come from.

And with 12 fences to jump instead of 8 hurdles It's a big ask for Gaelic Warrior going left handed

Only other bet is Ashroe Diamond 9/4 W/O fav. PP

Wheelbarrow job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Willie surely mops up HOWEVER there are trip doubts about a lot of his shorties – Ballyburn, Lossiemouth, Dinoblue, Facile V, Gaelic Warrior, Fact to File all unproven.

That leaves State Man 4/11, El Fabiolo 4/9 and Galopin des C 11/8 – about 7/2 that muggy treble will do for me

Did a small ew lucky 63 for Tuesday

1.30 mystical power, 10/3

2.10 my mate mozzie 8/1

2.50 chianti classico 8/1

4.10 echoes in rain 25/1

4.50 ndaawi 15/2

5.30 corbetts Cross 15/8 (I might aswell have one favourite!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Slade Steel 5/1

2:10: Quilixios 13/2 e/w

2:50: Meetingofthewaters 5/1

4:10: Love Envoi 16/1 e/w

4:50: An Bradan Feasa 22/1 e/w

5:30: Apple Away 15/2

No bet in the Champion Hurdle for me. I feel State Man will win but hard to back at his price bar multiples etc.

1:30: If Ballyburn’s performance at Leopardstown was one of the standout novice hurdling performances of the season, SLADE STEEL kept him reasonably honest until the end even though the winner showed a great turn of foot to power clear on the run in. But in a fairly open-looking Supreme, I feel he’s there with every chance for Henry De Bromhead and Rachael Blackmore. Mystical Power would be my pick of Willie’s, as I feel he is the most open to progression. 

2:10: Sticking with HDB and Rachael, I feel QUILIXIOS has an each way chance in what is again a very open-looking Arkle. Almost something of a forgotten horse since winning the Triumph here in 2021, his Festival form is a plus coming in here. He could be open to further progress over fences that what he has shown so far for a trainer who has won this race in recent years with Put The Kettle On in 2020. He will need to take a step up in order to win here, though, you feel. 

2:50: Irish trained horses do not have the best record in the Ultima, but I am siding somewhat tentatively with the favourite here more so after having not really seeing anything else at a bigger price I wanted to take him on with.

4:10: Lossiemouth is very hard to knock, and she will be very hard to beat. If the favourite has any issues with the trip – which is one of the only things you can question her on coming in here – I feel LOVE ENVOI could be bang there to pick up the pieces if running anywhere near her gallant second behind Honeysuckle in this race last year. 

4:50: Bright Legend was the horse with a similar profile to Jazzy Matty who won the race last year coming out of the same Naas race, I felt, and I see his price has shortened up today. Milan Tino stood out for me initially, but I am going with a horse that ties in very closely with him in AN BRADAN FEASA – having finished ahead of him over course and distance in November. On the bare form, he seems somewhat over-priced, so I am happy to side with him at a double-figure odds in what’s always a very competitive race. 

5:30: I’m not sure when the last mare to win this race was, if ever, but I am going to take a chance on Lucinda Russell’s novice, APPLE AWAY. She has G1 form over hurdles at the Aintree Festival last year, and having run creditably in G2s this season, she could have a chance if relishing the step up in trip getting the mares’ allowance. Barry O’Neill on board is another positive. 

Good luck all for the week!

Really looking to seeing Hunters Yarn, think he'll run a cracker.

13.30 Mystical Power

14.10 Hunters Yarn

14.50 The Goffer

15.30 State Man

16.10 Lossiemouth

16.50 Batman Girac

17.30 Corbett's Cross

Hunters Yarn, State Man, Lossiemouth, Corbett's Cross - 45/1 accum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

Great shout on Bradan Feasa ..going into the lucky 15

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

1.30 Mistergif ew 11/1 mystical power win 7/2

2.50 The Goffer 13/2

5.30 Corbetts cross 9/4

Passing rain at Cheltenham this morning, big doubts in the camp about Lossiemouth getting home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Stateman boosted to evens on bet 365 I was able to get 20 on

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

13.30 Fire Fox

14.10 Quilixios

14.50 Victorrino

15.30 State Man

16.10 Lossiemouth

16.50 Bright Legend

17.30 Salvador Ziggy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

1:30: Slade Steel 5/1: