Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf 40 V Ioniq 28

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭obi604

Noted, thanks. So half these Kona’s could be 39. I k ow you can tell via the lettering in the VIN

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭yermanthere

Bjorn, on YouTube tested a 9 year old egolf recently. Far less battery degradation than his leaf. He was surprised.

Interior a lot nicer than either of the Asian options.

But if your getting close to 20 grand on a golf, I'd wait til new year and spend that money on an id3.

I think your options are either to spend 13, keep for minimum 4 years and get scrappage value at the end. Or, spend 20 and hopefully get 10 grand for it in 3 years. If that's the case it's id3. The idea of 30kwh cars having that kind of value in 3 years is unlikely. Which means that the guys asking for 19-22 for that size battery , regardless of age, will be lucky.

Post edited by yermanthere on

Didn’t even know e golf were out 9 years!!

there are a lot of dreamers out there especially in the Ioniq 28 space, maybe they are thinking it’s the most efficient EV ever made (or something or something) and can ask silly prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭joe1303l

e-Golf only had a 24kWh battery when it was launched in late 2014. At €32K in 2014 it was unsaleable here. They started to sell a few from 2018 on with the bigger battery until it was retired to make way for the ID.3. It was an expensive car to build an VW reportedly lost money on every one built. (Panasonic battery modules & Bosch motors) They claimed the ID.3 was 40% cheaper to build and some of that cost saving is evident in the interior of the ID.3. https://www.irishexaminer.com/motoring/arid-20291990.html

Used Ioniq 28’s have held their value very well considering they were relatively cheap to buy new, isn’t great for a used buyer. They are remarkably efficient and in general most EV’s on sale recently have become less efficient. Bigger heavier vehicles with complex battery cooling/heating etc. but compensated by bigger batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,673 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Don't know much about it, but I was doing Waterford, Galway anyway regularly and wanted an EV. I'd be going ID3. Bigger battery, faster charging.

Between the leaf and Ioniq people on this forum with experience all seen to prefer the Ioniq.

For driving arrive town not much in it, I preferred the eGolf, I don't like the touch interface on the ID3 but I'd live with it, if I needed the range. If I didn't need the range I like the eGolf. But I wouldn't buy the eGolf if I did long journeys. I look at it as a bigger better equipped eUp. As the ID3 drop it's dropping the eGolf.

In that Bjorn rated the old eGolf (Vs old leaf) did better than the old leaf not simply because of low battery degradation but because of faster charging. Made a big different on a longer journey. But in real life you wouldn't buy an eGolf for that journey. It was an academic test. Bjorn is brilliant for all those tests.

After all that. If you like the Leaf is a decent well equipped car if you mostly home charge. Which is 90% of us. Has lots of lovely buttons. It's just been over priced. As have many of these EVs.

If you can wait I'd look out for a well equipped ID3 to pop up at a decent price.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Basilio

There is supply and demand situation. Like friend of mine is advertising Jun 2020 Zoe with Renault remaining Five years warranty till summer 2025. Vehicle advertised for €15900 but he will take €14000. Shop around, make you mind, place an offer and drive away.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe/35503607

Same year Kona, with higher mileage, bigger range, but also under the remaining manufacturers warranty. Predicting it will be sold within a week time:

And here you can compare vehicle Size:

https://www.carsized.com/en/cars/compare/hyundai-kona-2017-suv-electric-vs-renault-zoe-2012-5-door-hatchback/front/

Again. Good comments.

The Kona seems to be holding good value alright, I thought when the new funky ev’s came along (ev6, Tesla 3, Ioniq 5 etc) that all these other relatively plain ones would drop in price.

Test drove a 2019 Kona 64 earlier today, lord it is small in the back seat and and the boot is fairly small too. grand to drive etc, had wheel spin when I put foot down as roads were wet etc

wasn't over excited overall, but guess you are buying it for its range at the end of the day

was kinda happy enough getting back in my humble basic leaf 24, but in the real world the range of the leaf is not great for these longer journeys

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Basilio

Yes boot is not big but it has double bottom, you can take away those foam inserts and gain extra space. Otherwise budget bit more for a Niro without a heat pump. I would not drive it on a Sport mode if no branded tyres fitted. Same vehicle but different set of tyres gives new driving experience. 😀

Post edited by Basilio on

• Advertisement

172 Ioniq with 131,000 on the clock, adaptive cruise. Dealer. Looking for 14.500 Euro, realistically, in the cold light of day, is this over priced?

Considering it’s from a Dealer and presumably has some dealer warranty included, I don’t think so. You could get a newer Leaf with less miles for that money but they are inferior in terms of range/efficiency/chademo. Similarly Zoe also available at that money but much smaller car. eGolfs are even more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭zg3409

Battery warranty is 200,000km or 8 years. General everything warranty is 5 years so already gone.

If you do low mileage and will reach 200,000km by late 2015 then you will maximise warranty. If you do high mileage then car will start to enter higher risk zone with no warranty and possibilty of big issue. Personally I would stretch to 20k and shop around for a 64kWh battery car like Niro, or go a few thousand more for a low mileage ioniq. Either way the warranty won't be great for a long term buy. Typically most EVs are ok up to 200,000km but after that is a bit unknown with things like door handles possibly breaking.

I don’t think so, in miles it averages just under 14,000 per year. A lower mileage car is more desirable but you’ll need to increase your budget.

so in 3 years from now, I would be up around 190,000 km. So still under the 200k, so may be alright from this point of view

Advertisement