Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Portal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Got a preorder myself

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone see any stock cropping up anywhere else or is Smyths the best bet to keep an eye on?

Stock popping up all day on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yesterday Smyths had some popping up throughout the day. Two people I know got sorted but they sold out very quickly. Just keep an eye on Smyths as often as you can.

Argos up the north for collection on monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Just grabbed one from Currys and they now look to be gone again!

Id the Hotstock app set for the UK for stock updates for Smyths and Currys, it popped up for Currys UK and the Irish store must restock at the exact same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Down to 9 now, they're the only store to have any at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daniedca

I just picked one up from the Smyths in Fonthill, they don’t have them on the site yet as they have just received the delivery so it might be worth checking your local Smyths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daniedca

Just checked the site and Galway have 15+ in stock, hopefully all the stores in Ireland have received them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ladirtde

I just went into the Limerick Parkway shop, they don't have any in stock. They already put their delivery out. I was hoping to be ahead of the curve.

I've missed every single drop so I'm hoping to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Yep still some available in galway only which is odd.

Naas just had 8 in stock and 5 minutes later was down to 1. Carrickmines has 15+, pure madness this whack-a-mole approach to stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

I was 20 minutes outside Galway and they went out of stock had to turn back, no sign of any in Limerick. They don't answer the phone either.

It's on amazon uk now for €230 but won't deliver to Ireland ;(

It's in stock in Cork kinsale Road if you are up for the journey in the morning

Nah that's nearly a 4hr return trip. I'll hold out for smyths in Limerick. Only getting it to play while on break in work, have a portable wifi box and sim card ready to go.

If a dedicated video game shop came back to Ireland it would be an absolute goldmine, having to resort to smyths is a joke.

Cork was down to 2 in stock 15 minutes before it was meant to open....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Do click and collect before you leave home.

• Advertisement

There is no click and collect for the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

15+ showing up in Jervis now. No click and collect option tho

I just picked up from Jervis street, man said he had a good few left

8 in limerick parkway Smyths right now

A lot of staff taking them for family members I'd say.

Thankfully I was one of the 8. I was there at 3pm and 3 had gone before me. Lots of people sprinting into smyths! A few queue skippers as well. Pure madness

I had the little one asleep on my chest so I threw my car keys at the missus and said go go go, it went from 5 to 0 in 1 refresh of the page.

Never thought it'd be as mad as this for the portal.

Got one in Ennis Road smyths. Not listed online at all, got the last one, so I'd say walk into your local smyths and ask.

Post edited by BlakeS94 on

That is eerily similar to what happened to me! I live close by so I made it but if I left it 5 minutes then I wasn't getting it.

Great call on Ennis Road. I had been to parkway and they had absolutely none before today. Looks like that's it for this drop but I did see that galway and swords for not l got more today.... so hopefully I'm wrong.

For me the portal is the solution to the problem I have which is time! It's not for everyone but it is perfect for dads that want to be physically present and have a quick game.

Post edited by ladirtde on

• Advertisement

That last paragraph is literally why I'm getting it, play in work and be on the couch with the family instead of holed up in a separate room. It's downloading the update now first impressions are very good

Advertisement