Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby Pacific 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Handy enough win for 'Canes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I think you're probably right about the Frizzell card not being given in SR or in the Rugby Championship. TBH I hadn't heard of it as foul play in union before the final. I knew it was a foul in league.

There is an issue with how tackling front on was coached in NZ and Australia as we were always taught to stand up and wrap the ball to prevent the offload. Offloading was always a big part of the game down there at all ages, by all players we were coached to prevent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭ersatz

Unrelated but you'll notice the same in American football. Players still lead with the helmet into tackles and head shots are almost routine in every game but it is rarely if ever penalized and almost never acknowledged by commentators. Similar to SH rugby I think in terms of the fear that fully eliminating it will lose something essential from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Harsh YC there, and Pen Try

• Subscribers Posts: 40,996 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Very harsh I though

The game changed on that decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Agreed. It seemed all the rage for about a season that leading with the helmet and helmet on helmet was being called and then it was forgotten about. Unless it was a tackle on a QB or a star receiver.

On the SR I watched this morning, good win for the Blues. Is this our year? Watching that match, 27 degrees and bright blue skies made me very homesick.

Nah

Highlanders all the way !!!

😅😅😛😛

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭theVersatile

When is Nawqanitawase off to the NRL? I see he was playing with one of the Aus franchises.

Great to see Tavatavanawai picked up by the Chiefs Highlanders. He was class for the Drua last year

Post edited by theVersatile on

Tavatavanawai is with the Highlanders.

Scored today and all

Marky mark is off at the end of this season, he's been with the tahs for the last few seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭theVersatile

D'oh! I wouldn't mind but I saw his pick and go try in the highlights and that's why I commented in the first place!

GRMA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

After watching Western Force highlights, it's clear the opposition were fitter, hungrier and better.Force looked slow and underpowered. Australia has its work cut out. I can't see Western Force being a match for any of the N.Z sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭einn32

Tahs playing some nice rugby here. Nice to have a competitive game. I got fed up of watching last year. Rebels had a great comeback last night too. Competition needs it!

Interview with Joe Schmidt at half time. He really has his work cut out for him.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭fitz

Tahs were great value for that win, it was comprehensive. Their halves in particular went very well, certainly put their hands up for inclusion in Joe's Wallabies squad.

Moana beating the Drua was an important result

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Julian Savea become all time Super Rugby try scorer with his 61st to move ahead of Israel Folau

Moana Pasifika 23

Melbourne Rebels 29

fantastic hard fought result by the highlanders, winning away in sydney by 23-21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

I'd say there was 150 people in the crowd max, you'd wonder will Moana last

Not really moanas fault.

They scheduled the game for her same time as the NZ warriors v sharks rugby league game in Auckland, which drew a huge crowd, and even more eyes on TV.

Plus they played it in Hamilton which would have a lot of warriors fans anyway.

No idea why they didn't give out free tickets to schools kids in the city though??

But it's a big issue in support rugby having teams play in stadia that are way too big for them.

Pasifika "home" stadium is the MT smart stadium in Auckland which at 25.000 capacity is simply ridiculous for moana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Warratahs lost at home to Highlanders, bit of a surprise after their results last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

Wahey, nice result for the Drua! Looks like some craic at their stadium too!

Ridiculous ref call there. Complete late shot.

Chiefs controlling the game now.

Reds butchered so many chances on the first half.

Vunivalu can mix the sublime with the absolute ridiculous. He's a liability out there

That hit on Lynagh seems to have distracted the reds and motivated the chiefs. Lynagh gone off now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭fitz

Criminally sloppy, they should have been much further ahead.

BOK doing his usual and being soft on late/dangerous hits. Should have been a yellow for Chiefs...don't think they'd have staged this comeback if a card was correctly given for that late hit and they were down to 14. Player has since been subbed off. Really dislike BOKs attitude to player safety.

Deserved lead taken by the reds

Nani seturo all at sea for that kick

McKenzie takes too much out of the ball at times. Tries to force something that isn't on.

Insane defence and the red win!

• Advertisement

Cracking game!!

Super rugby set to be a hum dinger this year.

Aussie sides beating kiwi sides, and stronger sides have fallen off

Advertisement