Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

‘21 Leaf 40kw - very poor trade in value

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭zg3409

No ccs

No battery cooling impacting charging speed and degredation

Low efficiency at high speed

Many sold with smaller 40kWh rather that 60kWh which is standard.

Similar will apply to emini as bigger battery now an option. The initial battery was terribly small.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

One of the options on the new emini is a 40kwh battery? eUp is 36kwh. Look at Bjorn with a 24kwh 9 year old golf.

I have no doubt range anxiety is a thing for new ev buyers. But it hasn't stopped the market getting to where it is today. It's an issue but it can't be what's causing the current poor values of trading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I just meant that when there are limited numbers of the car available secondhand then it is easier to have issues with the ultimate secondhand value as there may be insufficient buyers/sellers for true price transparency. A Leaf of that newness should be attractive to lots of people but there is a perception that range is everything, stupid as most stay local to their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭whippet

I traded a 211 leaf 40 SVE in April and was given a trade in value of €29.5k against a ex-demo EV of a different brand. that would give a bell weather indication of where EV trade in prices are. I know my father in law has had a similar experience with a 211 iD4 GTX .. was shopping around back in the spring and was being offered really good trade in values and now it is a totally different experience - the dealers are offering fractions of the value. I don't know if they are over stocked, can't sell 2nd hand EVs or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭spakman

I was given estimates last week of 14k and 13.5k for 191 Kona 64kWh.

Earlier in the year, Tesla were offering 17.5k and I think they're acknowledged to offer below value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Dealers will always chance their arm, give a car a wash and sell on with huge markup, there are plenty of current car owners that will not engage in selling a used car privately so dealers rightly profit from this.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Yep supply and stocks are up. Another anecdote, but I know a guy that was massively lowballed on a q4 Etron 35 (which is an undesirable car to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭denismc

A lot of second hand cars are bought on credit, the recent interest rate increases are starting to bite i'd say, prices for 2nd hand ICE cars seem to have dropped as well.

Also all those new ID4, Tesla, Hyundai sold in the last few years are entering the 2nd hand market about now with more to come in the new year.

So the supply issues of the last couple years are no longer affecting prices.

Its a tough time if you are a seller, but its great for anyone in the market for a 2nd hand E.V

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Generally dealers are overstocked and a lot of potential used EV buyers bought new EV’s in the last 2 years. (There was little value to be got in used EV’s until recently) UK imports of BEV’s and PHEV’s also starting to compound the issue. The tide has completely turned for used EV’s but some EV drivers got great deals up to now trading up from 1-2 year old EV’s into new ones for very little.

Advertisement