Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JKBMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭insular1

I have solis inverter so may not be much use but I was told to use the Pylon LV settings. These didn't work for me but may work on the latest firmware so if Deye has this option I'd try that. I am using User Defined settings on the Solis and it's working. Not sure if Deye has anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Drop JK a message on ali and ask what the settings should be for a deye, they usually respond quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,793 ✭✭✭✭unkel

@S' - at least the inverter is working - no small feat to set it all up right including the rather confusing schedule 😁

I have a SunSynk, slightly different from the Deye and I don't have this setting, but did you try all the different lithium modes?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Looks like the inverter isn't getting anything at all from the BMS.

The deye does work on the standard "SMA" communication protocol which the pylon one was based on/extended on.

I'll need to check mine (zeva BMS but using SMA) I think it's lithium 00.

Are you connected to the right port on the jk and the inverter?

(I'm currently tweaking the charging and discharge tapers on my zeva, so pretty clued into the protocol at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭S'

Thanks lads, yes cable connected to correct ports. deye CAN port right of the RS485 port shown below. Thought I had it sorted when I found out pinout was not standard (T-568B). Re-crimped cable as per below but still no comms. I’ve emailed JK but no response yet.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

On the inverter, it's pin 4 is CanH and pin 5 is CanL I know that for sure. (Generally blue and blue white)

The other thing to check is measure the resistance between them pins, it should be about 120Ω if a terminating resistor is present on the canbus.

I now my zeva didn't have one and wouldn't work with the sofar unless I had either the screen connected to the canbus or a terminating resistor on the canbus. (On the solis it worked fine without it). On a short network, multiple termination resistors won't cause any issue.

I wouldn't have any other wires connected as that may annoy things either as I think them posts can do double duty with rs485.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jasgrif11

I upgraded my battery cables to 50mm2 and installed a battery disconnect (replacing the Projoy Mcb) ahead of my 8kw Deye arriving early next month.

The DC distribution block connecting the JKBMS to the battery is only rated at 80A. Has anyone come across a dual one that is rated at 200A+?

@jasgrif11 - DC distribution block, as in busbars?

I bought these a few days ago. Decent value, very sturdy and rated for 250A

Just to update, I got the new JK BMS talking over CAN to my Deye Inverter. The JK instruction manual displays the CAN port in the wrong position. Correct image below. The cable used is a standard cat5 cable.

That's good to hear as my Deye is on the way. Was it easy to get working?

• Advertisement

Yes, straight forward once I figured out the position of the CAN port.

Set battery to lithium 00 on Deye

Set CAN protocol to 001 Deye on Jk app

Setup settings as per offgridgarage YT vid

Calibrate voltage/current using multimeter.

Good to know, did you use the RS485-1 port when updating the FW?

Also it would be helpful if you can add some screenshots with the battery settings from the jkbms app, save us some time from going through Andy's videos 💪

I have the JK model B2A24S20P. It says its on Software Ver V11.262. How do I know what the latest SW version is and what is the process to upgrade?

Any ideas what is going on here? Aside from the battery needing top balancing, I assume I hit the 48.00v low voltage. But now that it is at 49.22 should it start to discharge?

Discharge is on, so the JK BMS is not holding back on discharging. Maybe your inverter is guilty?

The inverter is a Sofar HYD 6000EP.

Mode: Self Use

Battery Type: General

Discharge Depth 80%

Is there something else I need to check on the inverter side?

The battery completed a full charge overnight (as in 100%) however it never hit the 55.2v absorption voltage and none of the cells hit 3.65 or even the 3.45 balancing voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sligobuck

An alert for anyone with latest JK BMS below:

Looks like it is only affecting firmwares after 14.10 so anyone on lower FW not affected which means it is a bug that should be sorted quickly via a FW update

Looks like Andy is saying it's all firmware versions? Where did you see that it's just the newer firmware? Hopefully won't be an issue for me as mine will always be in constant use, but gonna set up a home assistant automation to stop charging and give a warning if any cell voltage hits 3.7 just in case.

Post edited by insular1 on

• Advertisement

Some folk on the comments of his video and yeah hopefully it's a non issue if it is on all the time and just remember to check settings after power cycle.

Nkon goodies arrived today too so hoping JK will sort this mess out before I go live

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

Did you go for the latest version of the BMS that Andy had been impressed with up until the last few days or one of the older ones?

Was looking to get my hands on one of the newer ones but may just go with the previous model, as in all likelihood I wont use half the functionality!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

Do you mind me asking where you ordered it from?

Fogstar but you need to deliver to the north

FWIW I commented on the video with several links showing charging LiFePO4 to 4.2V is pointless, but does no harm. Andy deleted my post.

That would negate his click-bait title and cost him money on youtube lol

Must be something like that. I had hoped the like of him would be above that and genuinely do all they do to help and inform people. Maybe I was naive.

I sent on his video directly to JK and was like when are you fixing this? 😂

• Advertisement

Answer from JK:

This is a normal phenomenon. After the energy storage BMS is not used for a long time, it will assume that you are not using this battery setting much and will return to the default setting. When using, simply check if the parameters are suitable for your battery parameters. Or use buttons to define battery parameters.

Set the standard voltage to 3.2-3.6v.

When not in use for a short time, there is also a sleep mode in the application, just wake up with bms again.

We will give feedback on this issue and improve it.

Pretty sure it's not a normal phenomenon at all and no pre-built battery does that but what do we know...

Advertisement