Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW12 Transfer Thread

Options
2»

Comments

Klopp is not reactionary, so if Tsimikas doesn't start at the weekend I'd imagine it's more to do with tactics and gameplan rather than Tsimikas cocking up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Tsimikas very poor tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's weird cos Tsimikas fecked up for the goal tonight and taken off at HT.

But last Sunday, him not starting was somewhat of a poor move as Liverpool didn't have any width on the left without him, against a deep back 5. It's not that Liverpool didn't create, they created an awful lot (I think 3.5 xg) and just didn't finish. But the running analysis was still that Liverpool lacked width until Tsimikas came on, and iirc either one of the goal or the Nunez miss comes from Tsimikas making a play on the left hand side, I can't remember which one exactly at the moment.

We know how Brentford will set up in this game, back 5 etc. But the difference between Forest & Brentford is that Brentford will be springing really quickly on the counter. Forest didn't. They will set up to play Mbuemo et all in on goal in fast breaks, and they are good at them.

So, whatever about starting, do you trust Tsimikas to keep a CS over 3 other defenders? Maybe I'm bring pessimistic after a loss but....

I think Jota & Trossard might be good picks this week, but I'm unsure of how to fit them in.

Maybe Mitoma -> Trossard?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I love the Trossard pick but it's very short term

Who are people bringing in for Maddison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Burn/Maddison/Ederson to Lascelles/Son/Johnstone for -4 is what I'm thinking for this GW. Have already done Burn to Lascelles so could also do Maddison to Saka and avoid the hit if theres positive injury news

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else tempted to sell Son on the back of the Maddison news? I don't see Spurs being as potent without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have 2 FT and split between two ideas

The safe.... Udogie out for Saliba (Udogie with the ban and Saliba with 4 nice fixtures coming up

The wildcard.... Alvarez/fodder out, Archer(fodder) in and then upgrade my 5th midfielder to one of Kudus, Doku or Gordon. Doku has the form, but bit sideways from Alvarez, Gordon has a tougher run of fixtures, Kudus has the fixtures but WH out of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Yes. Can’t believe he has risen in price overnight. Tough games coming. Tempted to ditch him for Saka

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

I wouldn't ditch for Saka just yet, didn't really get any answers on Saka's fitness today in the press conference. Arteta said they will review any players with doubts over the next 24 hours so it's a bit of a risk going to him I think as of now, if I owed him I'd start him but I wouldn't buy him in.

• Advertisement

Arteta is an awful hoor for the press conference lies. Remember the stuff with Saka and the England squad before the Man City game too.

Anyways, here is Saka with the squad by the looks of things. This could be another ploy from Arteta again, but like it is Burnley at home, not like it's Man City or a big game again so I'm not sure why there is a need to be so secretive.

He didn't train with the squad I believe but was there as the vid shows so could have done his own work. But as you said, it's a easy home game so not exactly a need to be silent over various players fitness. At home game at 3pm tomorrow won't tell much in terms of leaks etc, an away trip might help if he travels or not and so on. I'd start if owned him but wouldn't buy, and especially not buy for a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

1FT and 0.2 ITB. Going to get rid of Richarlison but better to hold off now and go with 3-4-3 (Eze and Oilse should be good for Edouard's returns)?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Don’t even consider selling ederson to Johnstone for a hit if you can afford without. Statistically you’re selling a goalie more likely for a clean sheet to a goalie less likely

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Meant to reply to comment above one I replied to!

Anyone else benching Tsimikas?

I'm starting Trippier, Cash & Gabriel.

First sub.

Starting Torres maguire Gabriel

Advertisement