Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW12 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 05-11-2023 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

Has the Villa bubble burst?

Will Haaland be out for a few weeks

After an atrocious GW there's a lot to think about over the next few days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Brought in Watkins last week and he blanks against Luton and Forrest. Bring Nunez back in today and the lad could have had two hatricks. Who knows if he’ll start next week after that display

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

A few flags on my team make it a good idea to use my free transfer to get a better chance of fielding 11 next week so considering Gusto to Lascelles or Branthwaite but will wait for more information on injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

2FT and definitely moving on Ederson but Haaland, Burn and Cash all flagged

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Might look at Saka -> Bruno for 1 GW.

Saka is not doing it this season, from play. 2 goals from play, with a couple of penalties thrown in but he is giving away penalties to team mates too. While penalties are a bonus source of goals, they can't be relied on. According to FPL's own xG metric, he has racked up a combined 0.02 from his last 3 starts. He played over 250 mins of those 3 games too.

Now Burnley are terrible, and open, and could well play into Arsenal's hands who need a win again.

Bruno is playing Luton, who had a big result at home, but tend to concede goals away from home. Bruno has those penalties too, but again can't be relied on. He is probably Man Utd's chief goal threat at the minute, apart from Maguire/McTominay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭The Guru 123

Really don’t think that’s worth a transfer. Both are playing poor teams at home, I think the chances of each going off are much the same to be honest so therefore not worth a transfer.

I like Maguire from United. Only 4.2 and he looks nailed on to play the next few at least. I think anyone looking for a defender this week could do a lot worse.

Yeah it's definitely a risky one. And tbh, I have a bit of a benching headache as it is, and with 2 FTs I am nearly trying to create up-side moves rather than smart transfers.

Because I don't have Haaland Nunez might sink now, I need to hit the upside transfer to cover Haaland again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Having a mare of a season after to top 3k finishes. One of my main strategies is never waste a transfer on a defender, so in the last 2 weeks I have brought in Gabriel and Tsimiskas and it has cost me 18 points, I’m annoyed but still another one is don’t let it affect your mood so onwards and upwards, and no more defensive transfers.

Dan Burn out for a few months with spine injury.

Gonna be burning a transfer on a defender this week so (terrible pun)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Maddison is probably out also. Think I'll double up on Arsenal midfield and get Marrinelli to go along with Saka. Fixtures breed form hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Liking my current squad but have 2 free transfers, would like to use 1...would be great to move on Turner but I have nothing in the bank.

I'd rather if Haaland had been injured, easier to just move him on for a few weeks.

Isn’t there a 3.9m keeper for Brentford playing atm, dunno how long their no1 is out for though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Alvarez to Nketiah seems an obvious transfer. Just wonder will I regret getting rid of Alvarez. Probably worth the risk.

I’ll definitely be getting rid of Burn. Guehi in most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Might go sideways, JWP to Kudos or Doku,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is anyone else considering Cole Palmer? Ridiculously cheap and is giving returns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Have 2 FTs and 0.7m itb.

Any recommendations?

Am thinking Kabore/Nakamba to Maguire/McTominay(Longstaff) and playing BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

I wouldn’t do that as I’d want to keep my BB for a DGW later.

Depending on rank I’d just play it safe and move Tsimikas to Branthwaite and carry the other FT.

The latter is a nailed on 4.0 for the season. The former is a gamble that may just be heartache. It’s definitely the ‘long game’ move.

Or rather than burn the FT I’d move Nakamba to Sarr.

I definitely wouldn’t be buying any Man U players until they do turn it around.

It was said that Flekken had only suffered a dead leg so I assume he'll be back in

I'm waiting for their fixtures to improve but yeah he's getting returns. Penalties help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Have Palmer the last 3 weeks,no complaints, pulled the trigger early JWP to Doku and Udogie to Mitchell, triple CP defense,in Roy I trust 😃, could be a genius move or an unmitigated disaster

Post edited by DJIMI TRARORE on

hojlund could be a decent punt - home to Luton and he’s got two tonight already

G & A so far tonight for Saka.

Shelving that idea of selling him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Twisted ankle, it would need the leg to be amputated before Arteta would rest him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thought he said Saka just got a kick and should be okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Awful mess up by Tsimikas there now to hand a goal away to Toulouse. Will he start the weekend after that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Advertisement