Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mercedes E Class

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

Mercedes Benz E-Class is dirt cheap compared to my dream cars, but I think the E-class is reasonably priced. You get elegance and status for decent money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Not when it's a 4 cylinder diesel for 90k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭creedp

Sure its dirt cheap compared to a Bugatti Veryon but its still overpriced for what it is. Nice car but no longer worth the premium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Weird you think back a few years you would get an s class for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pale rider

E Class owner here for the last two models, the W212 E250 was a cracker, the W213 AMG E220D was fine until I had to replace the ad blue tank …at 4 years old with no goodwill and around 60 odd kms up…major bill.

I am considering a Kia for the new year, greater tech and that long warranty, being a badge snob only gets ya so far, wait until the bills arrive.

They can keep their new E Class, stoopid pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pale rider

Believe me I tried, had the ad blue deleted whatever that involved at a cost of €550 not €100 and dpf clogged two weeks later. Guys that did the delete did not want to know, Had to have my efforts reversed and go the honest route.

That actually happened to my C Class as well. I had to get it coded out again and had to get the DPF removed too. I didn’t even consider replacing the Adblue or DPF, I’d say its an eye watering amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

Eww. The Bugatti Veyron is so ugly and tacky. I can't have that in my driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

The worst part about your expensive Mercedes is the interior quality. They look great between the screens and ambient lighting, but once you start prodding things so much of it creaks and feels built to a budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Alfa's are more reliable than Mercs, Bmw, Audis, in last several years

Maybe buy an Alfa

• Registered Users Posts: 35,749 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

You would be mad to buy one! Mercedes is the biggest rip off of all the brands in Ireland! **** paddy spec slow cars as standard. Strip everything out to make it as paddy spec as possible!

Ive a GLE coupe myself (uk import) and can’t justify another Mercedes here. Love the brand but in Ireland they’re just overpriced Toyotas given paddy spec and pricing.

They were OK price wise up to now but the new model C and E are just nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

As said before sales way down. Why they become so much more expensive than the other x2 Germans ?

The price differential with BMW and Audi is too large here relative to other markets. If you spec a BMW the extras are usually equivalent EUR/GBP. For Mercedes if you add extra to the paddy spec the add ons (like paint) are usually 2x/3x the UK price.

That’s because we have to pay VRT on extras. 3x the price seems excessive tho, do you have any examples of that?

VAT is 3% higher here and VRT is 7% for hybrids. So you’d expect 10% more, however, it’s often way above this. Anything from paint to hyperscreen to seats etc. so many extras required on the paddy spec model to bring it to similar spec’d UK model.

configurator does not appear to be available on the website currently but it’s often been the case. It’s never been 10% extra for any option!

Vrt is charged on the vrt inclusive price - nice trick - so the vrt percentage amounts to a higher percentage in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭goochy

Think fact Mercedes distributor is an Irish company doesn't help, aside from pricing. The dealer network isn't as good as other two Germans either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

So the Plug in Hybrid AMG Line is €81485 on MSL. I see on PCP values the cars GMFV is €30964 after 37 months. So if you take the PCP with them and you hand the car back at 37 months it will have cost you a whopping €60k with interest ok 9k.

But isn’t that the minimum it can be worth? Realistically the car will probably only loose a maximum of 50% in 3 years, so the future value would be more like €40,000+?

For example, the cheapest 3 year old hybrid E Class is currently €52k, and thats an older model.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Thats correct. But Merc are saying this is there GMFV. If there is a bubble in the car market which a lot are predicting then this could be the future value.

On another note i was impressed by the 115km electric range. Realistically you would hope to get 90km. All hybrids should have a 100km range.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Kerry2021

has anyone seen how cheap the Mercedes EQE is in comparison? Was thinking of getting one, see one a year old with basically no mileage worth talking about for €56900. Slightly bigger than the e class and nicer interior

Advertisement