Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer within the DCEDIY 2023 (Staffline Comp)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭defiantdancer

@pygmaliondreams thank you for creating this thread.

@pygmaliondreams i have yet to do the aptitude tests as maths really isn’t my forte🥲may I ask u was there a facility to skip a question & come back to it at the end rather than wasting time? Wishing everybody the best of luck in their application😊

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Sunshine_and _rainbows

Unfortunately that wasn’t an option with this test, you can’t go back to previous questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

As said above, sadly not no. I messed up one and I couldn't return to it, really bothered me!

@Sunshine_and _rainbows thank u for the heads up.I really struggle with maths-it’s as if my brain shuts down when it sees a pie chart. I like pie but not pie charts 😔

• Advertisement

@pygmaliondreams -there is a thing called negativity bias where we focus on the things we got wrong rather than the things we got right. So hopefully it was just that one for you😊

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Only seeing this thread now, applied for this as the OOM isn't moving for the open eo comp.

Tests were okay. I found the maths a little more difficult than the open eo comp one, but I think I did fine, a few guesses and the aforementioned difficulty reading the graphs.

Verbal reasoning, I absolutely SCRAPED a pass on the open comp, think I did better on this one but who knows. Starting to think being autistic is making this particular section difficult for me as I'm probably taking what's written and the way the questions are worded too literally at times. 😅

We'll see. I'd imagine I passed but feck knows what OOM would be

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Grateful4

Does anyone know how it works if you are an existing EO (in a different Department) and are successful in this competition? I applied as I would like a move (also applied for recent AO comp).

I have yet to do the assessment but I’ll get them done tomorrow hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Missy95

Was there a general competition recently for Executive Officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Advertisement

No clue how it works unfortunately but best of luck with the assessments!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 helpagirlout22

Done the tests tonight yesterday. I found the maths harder than the open competition so I'm not confident after finishing it. I found the verbal reasoning ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Watermelonsugar

I think it works the same but you enter at start of scale and then have to apply for incremental credit for any time spent in the grade already

Oh I'm not in the CS, I just meant I hope my OOM is better than in the open comp so I get a call sooner 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 24 nooneworker

When do you think we will get the OOMs from Talent Central?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Shar!

hi I recently applied for 1 open CO and 1 interdepartmental comp ‘ both with a nice shift allowance but would mean returning to 5 days in office. I confirmed that I would retain my service and incremental status etc so it would be same for EO.

just go for anything possible and make decisions after 👍 best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Wouldn't imagine it'd be any sooner than next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭EduKate

The inability to use the 'back' button in SHL's tests is annoying.

SHL's tests also have half as many questions as PAS did. Not sure how the OOM works if more people get the same scores as a result of there being fewer questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Scrap that. I did their numerical practise test on their normal site, not the one right before our actual assessment. I got 100%. Will do the assessment proper tomorrow evening. Feeling alot better now :)

I did the verbal reasoning earlier on. Happy enough with that too but I never do amazing on them.

• Advertisement

Remember tomorrow is the last chance!

Hoping to hear back quickly, like within the week and not like PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Grateful4

I completed the tests this morning, each test is only 17 mins. Verbal reasoning seemed ok (but who knows!). Numerical is always tricky for me, someone else said earlier that the first few questions are ok then they get a little more difficult and I would agree.

Today is the last day to do the tests. Good luck everyone !

I wasn't mad on that numerical test. As others have said, started off well....anyway, best of luck getting to the next stage folks.

On hols next week for 2 weeks, hope they don't come back with results and needing more stuff within 7 days or something

Results in, I'm delighted

Verbal Reasoning

Numerical Reasoning

I got mid 80s in both. Grade B. Happy with those.

"Next Stage Info

The final stage of the assessment process is an interview. The first batch of interviews are due to take place shortly and candidates will be invited to these interviews based on their scores achieved in these tests. I will issue invites to the relevant candidates, so if you do not hear from me within the next week or so, you can assume that you will be included in the next batch of interviews. No timescales have been set for the next batch of interviews, but it is likely that these will take place in Jan/Feb 24. I will contact you when this occurs, to see if you are still interested, before issuing official invites.

I can tell you that DCEDIY have multiple current Executive Officer vacancies that they are looking to fill as quickly as possible, so we will certainly be moving swiftly."

I got 99 for verbal and 91 for math, I am absolutely shocked at that tbh. Really excited that I may get a call soon for interview

Wondering what kind of score will be needed for the first batch

Wondering how they'd be at rearranging an interview if necessary. They seem to be moving very quickly but I'm on hols in two weeks 😅

• Advertisement

Advertisement