Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 20 - Mexico

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Great race for Ricciardo. Delighted. Last week made him look very bad so he needed this.

Could have had Russell too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I mostly found it a good race, the second half at least, both tyre compound close which made it interesting. A few good overtakes, good comeback from Norris. not always a good track for overtaking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lando is such a great interviewee - could you imagine if he was with Red Bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Whatever Lando does, or wherever he goes, next, he needs to be a number 1 driver.

He has been consistently great for a number of years, in a car that hasn't been all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's probably safe to say he's blown finishing second in the championship, he's currently the worst driver out of the top 4 teams. Ricciardo could be a safer option for RB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very boring race that and I watched the C4 highlights.

Perez done for sure. It was a stupid move from him he should hve settled into third and he would have got 2nd eventually but instead he has potentialy fecked his F1 career now or at least taking a step down the grid somewhere.

Who know maybe Alonso will retire again and Sergio can go to Aston Martin lol.

If he does somehow manage to be on the grid next year hopefully Formula 1 will have brought in new rules where you can only call a driver by their actual name on their ticket so no more stupid Checko only Sergio and if he is not on the grid next year then it will be no great loss to me. I will not miss the childish commentators and media talking Iike that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

For me, Perez was right to go for the move. The course was open in front of him and he was ahead of everyone marginally (albeit on the wrong side of the track). His only fault was not having spatial awareness and not knowing that he wouldn't have been able to turn in. I'd rather see a driver make a move and back out, than not make the move at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I don't know why the checo thing annoys you so much.

He responds to it in interviews so seems happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Anyone notice the cable hanging off Ocons car when Norris was passing him at the end of the straight?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently Norris had 22 overtakes with the record being 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,027 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Anyone else notice Charles Leclercs Ferrari disappear briefly as the superimposed advertising graphic blocks out part of his trip across the grass @20sec

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Supposedly Norris was sounded out by RB a few months back but shut them down after McLaren started getting good. Dunno now if there's any truth to it but remember reading an article to that effect.

Great pic of Max, Charles and Checo right before the turn 1 incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭klose

Checo technically led his home GP going by that, silver linings and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The track needs a new layout or be removed from the calendar. You've hardly any overtaking,altitude problems,high kerbs that beach the cars, pointless drs zones and turns 2,3,4,5,6 and the stadium section are just too slow and awkward. It's criminal that the likea of Nurburgring,Sepang or Istanbul wouldn't even get a look in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

There's a lot worse tracks than Mexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

It is without doubt one of the funniest recurring themes in the boards f1 community, this guy getting so outraged at someone being called by their nickname 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Re the start.....

If both the Ferraris closed ranks and kept the inside Max would not have a had a v brave run in between....

Also Leclerc having seen he didn't start well should have stuck with keeping Max pressed on the inside(after all whose most likely to win any given race this year?!!!???) instead he sees Checo (ahem 😁😈) sorry Perez steam by on the outside and then moves to guard position and move position nearer the outside of turn one... Max says thank u very much and comes across to a much more favorable central position entering the braking zone AND being on the inside with more room to turn in ... result >all 3 are fag paper apart into the braking zone (great photo of this previous poster!!!) Perez tries to turn in and collects the Ferrari :ouch: = Max fecks off into the distance and wins by 20 secs (...ok technically 14 secs)

In short if I'm going to cover anyone off in the turn one braking zone ...its going to be Max...

Post edited by Corben Dallas on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

There was thread here where people were discussing travelling to GPs. I went to Barcelona last year and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Didn't see it mentioned here but Sargeant but on a strong performance getting up to P11 (I think) before the fuel pump failure in the final lap :(

He's shown a lot of improvement in the last few races but remains to be seen if he's done enough to secure a seat next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

He's 21st in a 20 driver championship. Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is Albon completely free of Red Bull now? Because if he's still on their books it's unlikely that Williams will take on two Red Bull drivers while they still have a Mercedes engine in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement