Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I be pregnant

Options
  • 23-10-2023 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ,need advice on whether I could be pregnant , I know the only way to know Is by doing a test but not paid until next week and wondering has anyone experienced this.

I am om the pill and went back to back for 2 months to avoid getting a period while I had holidays etc.

I have done this many times before and when I take my next 7 day break I get my normal period, which is 5-7 days , mid to heavy always the same and red blood etc.

This time I took my 7 day break but Mt period is almost non existent, the blood is only brown , almost like old blood , and only a tiny bit when wiping. Nothing on pad etc.

I am assuming if pregnant I wouldnt get anything at all?

Has anyone experienced this and is it possible I could be pregnant?

I ask because it is very strange and it's like I dont even have it!

Thanks for you help in advance.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Moved to The Ladies’ Lounge from Newbies & FAQ.

-Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShadyGanley

A man wrote this.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

A pregnancy test is 1.49e in Boots

https://www.boots.ie/clear-simple-pregnancy-test-strip-3-tests-10327194?cm_mmc=ROI_PPC-_-Shopping-_-Shopping_GA-_-Clear_&_Simple&utm_source=roi_ppc&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=shopping_ga&utm_term=Clear_&_Simple&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhfipBhCqARIsAH9msblDLy1EC11yI0JeLeal0Au1JzSa13RnUpL0sifzM3YhkEU9elY2WB4aAoVOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2 unknownanon83

Took a test and yes I am pregnant.

Last time I will come here to ask anything. I am not a man and also aware you can buy cheap tests.

Maybe you have no struggles in life , but at the moment there is a housing crisis , cost of living crisis etc. I am literally living week to week if I can even make that, with mortgage a thousand bills and everything else, some people cannot afford to eat let alone get a test for 1.49 , maybe you are privileged and don't experience this. But next time try to be a little less sarcastic and have a little more sympathy for people who are seeking genuine advice during a hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭89897

Come on, you asked and answered your own question. The only way to know is doing a test and some are cheap. There was no answer to what you were looking for, in your case yes you were pregnant in others the answer would be no your're not.

Just cause you didnt get the answer you like dont go taking it out on strangers on the internet who have zero idea of your circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Maybe she was looking for a place to vent, reassurance from strangers or advice on where to go? You are clearly very privileged as you dont know what its like to have literally no money left from your wages after bills and necessities are paid. This just shows the need we have in this country for accessible female health care which is practically non existent. Women, regardless of education status, are on of the lowest paid demographics in Ireland but have the most expenses when it comes to healthcare and reproductive needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭89897

She asked and it was answered just not to her liking, Its not advisable to gave any medical advise when no-one knows the circumstances, the only advice thats correct was get a test. She just didnt like that answer.

And I dont know how my post shows anything clearly about my circumstances, you're jumping to conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oleard1987

You can't spout about cost of living crisis in one post and then in your opening post say " I was on holidays".If money was that tight that you couldnt spend €1.49 then a holiday would be the last thing you could afford

Advertisement