Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options
  • 22-10-2023 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭

Looks like it will be a popular week for WCers ... I on the other hand need to reverse some decisions I made on mine last week and get Salah back ASAP.

2FT and will prob need to downgrade Maddison to Palmer to switch Diaz out for Salah. Could also switch to a 352 and downgrade Watkins to Wood, ditch Diaz for Salah and keep Maddison. I will be sure to make the wrong decision anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

It'll be hard to get rid of watkins with a home game to luton though, don't have him but considering dropping ebh for him as I can't get

rid of salah

I'd be getting rid of Diaz myself, has looked good but his returns are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Easy decision this week, March out for Palmer, done already, he should rise this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Bruno out (finally).... actually haven't a clue to get in for him yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Anyone not transferring in Watkins next week?

You'd be brave to go without right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Watkins 100% in, might replace Diaby with Luiz.

Only option I have without getting rid of a premium is Alvarez out for Watkins. Really want to have both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

At this stage Alverez is nearly a premium player especially at his price point

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not transferring him in next week........

......As I've owned him from the start!l

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Reckon there’ll be plenty of hits taken this week.

I’m on a -12 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Alverez doing so well I sold Haaland. Might regret it down the road but Alverez doing a great job so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any idea how to get Salah into this team? I have 2fts and 0.0m.

Ederson Turner

Trippier Burn Cash Estup Gusto

Son Maddison Saka Mbeumo D.Luiz

Haaland Alvarez Watkins.

Ederson can go, maybe Trippier/Mbeumo. And Son/Maddison depending how they do tonight. I'm struggling to fit them all in. Salah is killing me in leagues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2 FT's and very happy with my team, usually the time you get hit witha spate of red flags.

Johnstone (Turner)

Cash / Digne / Porro (Udogie, Kabore)

Salah / Son / Bowen / Mitoma (Anderson)

Haaland / Alvarez / Watkins

Would like to get Saka but happy with the rest of them, maybe Porro to Tsimikas to play for the next two weeks (FOR, lut).

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭C4000

Haaland and Sterling out, Watkins and Salah in.....based on the upcoming run of fixtures for City/Villa/Liverpool.

Estup  is injured so downgrade him to say Taylor - that's probably 1.3m saved? then Mitoma down to Nakamare and Saka to Salah will probably get you there

Unfortunately not. Estup is 5m for me so down to a 3.9 is only 1.1m saved.

Don't have Mitoma but even Mbeumo to Nakamba is another 1.2m saved.

3.3m isn't quite enough to upgrade Son let alone Saka.

I guess it’s Maddison to nakamara then.

our teams aren’t too dissimilar I have salah and Son and can fit it front 3 and have trippier - but maybe salah has gone up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭C4000

Gonna hold off on wildcarding for another bit...but some surgery needed...current options running through my head

A) Bruno to Douglas Luiz

B) Bruno to A.Fodder and Mubama to Watkins (for a hit)

C) Bruno to Saka

Already have Alvarez and Haaland so don't want to move either of them.

Rest of midfield is Son, JWP, Salah and Mbeumo

Yeah he's at 12.7 now unfortunately. I think I'm about 2-3 weeks late but can't go without any longer. If Spurs go mad tonight I could be back to the drawing board. But currently dropping Maddison and either Son/Saka to make way.

As a JWP owner I wonder is he worth having - he’s blank the last 3 - you could get luiz in for him I think - but having Bruno is probably a bigger issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

With 2 FTs, in a week of many wildcards, I would even take a -4 for a mini wildcard. It's not that big of a deal taking a hit this GW IMO.

I am taking Diaz out of my team on wildcard. While he could/should have scored and assisted on Saturday, he didn't and his end product was poor in a FPL sense. I know he won both fouls for the red card and won the penalty but they won't happen every GW. Klopp talked about how he played him as the LB after Tsimikas went off too. But that could have been a tactical thing as Everton were playing a back 5 with no wide midfielders so it could have just been for that particular game as Klopp did mention that he wanted someone to drive from wide at that time, so he was using Diaz's pace but from deep instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Who would you move to get Saka in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭COH

Not sure if I want to get rid of Madisson for Salah now 🫠

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Took a minus 8 to get Salah in (couldn’t afford him if he rises again). Not ideal but he’s killed me in my mini leagues the last 2 GWs. Had to get rid of Maddison despite tonight.

I now have

Salah Saka Son in midfield and

Watkins Haaland Alvarez up front so feel it’s worth the hits

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

You don’t have an obvious move unless you have cash in the bank to upgrade JWP and you don’t have a defender you can downgrade either.

Unless selling Botman would get you over the line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'd love to have the balls to ditch Haaland. If only he didn't have Bournemouth in GW11.

Do you think Saka's form warrants bringing him in, based on his price and what he's doing compared to others? Darwin out for someone probably the most obv and use that money to upgrade someone. I'd be more inclined trying to fit Son in instead of Saka.

I took a chance last week and took out Aknaji for Tsimikas, it gives me enough to do JWP -> Saka. West Hams fixtures are great but he was very deep v Villa

We always seem to look at things completely differently, Saka has 8 returns in the 9 games hes started this year, plus he turned down two penalties. Their fixtures are incredible, I'd say its more a question of whether you double up or not

Well option C is off the table now after Bruno's price drop 🙄

Gut is saying Luiz....head is saying recency bias 😆

• Advertisement

I think Son is more important than Saka. Spurs are flying while Arsenal aren't exactly - they are more grinding out results - and they have wide range of people who can score, whereas with Spurs everything comes through Son who is playing more central these days with Richy out wide. On the comment about penalities, if you take away his penalites - is he still worth having? Your flying this year so maybe it will work out.

Advertisement