Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Early Leaf - Quick Questions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Are you sure? I had a 12 Leaf and have a 14 Leaf. If memory serves me, both have "B" mode for increased regen, but only the late 2013 (and later) have the Eco mode on the steering wheel for reduced acceleration and reduced power consumption (including the heating system).

I'm doubting myself now. I rarely used the 12 model, but I thought it had a different driving mode. I know it was faster off the mark than the later model.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I had a 2014 leaf and have now a 2011. In the 2011 it has D and Eco on the transmission selector and no eco button on the steering wheel.

I'm 99% sure the change to add a B mode came with the lizard facelift in 132 (2014MY) which added the better battery chemistry, eco button on steering wheel, B mode to the drive selector, and a separate "heat" button on the center console which is not there in the first gen models.

My 2011 also has other differences to the 2014 one I had, eg no charge flap button on the keyfob and the charge flap opener isnt a button to the RHS of the steeringwheel it's beside the pull catch for the bonnet lift.

Now I could be wrong and some of the changes I listed were incremental between 2011MY and 2014MY cars, but from memory (nearly 10 years hence) they were all done in a facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That's spot on. I knew there was a change on the gear selector, but thought it was for "B" mode, not eco. And yes, the newer 2013 version brought the flap opener to the key fob...a very welcome addition. This was for the Acenta (SV) or better.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The earliest of Leaf's were very different, sure some didn't come with fast charging!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The 2011 leafs all had fast charging, as did any leafs originally sold in Ireland. Before MY2014, the UK had 3 trim levels, XE, SV and SVE. We didnt get the 12-13 XE here. The XE had fast charging as optional, meaning yes, if you bought a previously imported MY12 or MY13 UK leaf and it didnt have SV spec minimum, then yes chademo was optional

• Advertisement
Advertisement