Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shell ReCharge....

Options
  • 20-10-2023 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

To use Aldi charge points, looks like need Shell ReCharge, (yet another app). Attempted to setup an account. Can't use the PC, have to use the mobile app, (not my preferred choice, so got me upset). When apply for a charge card or fob, no option to put in Credit Card details, only IBAN. Contacted Shell, very polite reply, only IBAN in Ireland, have to have UK address to use Credit Card. Perhaps fooling myself, but feel safer with Credit Card. Definitely not going to put in my IBAN. Might enquire for other options next time I am in an Aldi shop. Thanks for listening, just letting off some frustrations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Oh yeah I tried using Shell Recharge a while back, nice looking app but utterly useless

I wasn't able to start a single charger or register the card

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

It's about time it was made law or as a condition of planning permission that a charge point should accept all debit/credit card payments, contactless and/or with PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It is a law, EU just passed it recently

There's an implementation time, can't remember when the cut off date is

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Philips2233

I am well advanced in the process of opening another bank account, so I can have an alternative IBAN. I will keep very little balance in this, just enough for charging. Lot of hassle to use one company's EV charger. But feel safer having it this way. And maybe I might be stuck someday and delighted to use Aldi EV Charger. Curiously, all my other EV Charging apps accept Credit Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thommcg

Shell Recharge's worth setting up as, whatever about being a necessity for using Aldi's, they also have some attractive rates for certain other providers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement