Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE cost cutting plan predictions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

Many people still watch RTÉ 2, i.e. soccer, rugby, GAA. Moving all sporting events to RTÉ 1 was never going to happen - imagine the outcry if Six-One didn't start on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭RoTelly

I always find it funny how everyone was on board and large still is on board with Dee Forbes and her Strategy 2024. Though notable that they haven't thought to move RTÉ Sport to RTÉ ONE in this plan.

This plan is not much more than previous plans TBH.

The cuts to staff are over the next 4 years, and it will largely be from retirement and as we are seeing RTÉ not renewing contracts (which both have issues).

The rest is all window dressing, they haven't suggested how much they will save over the course of the next 4 years.

What disappointing is that they believe that they did a good job on Drama and Comedy and on Children's content, when all where largely cut over the last number of years.

This is largely nothing, little change and little improvements. Viewers and consumers won't notice a thing really, and RTÉ will go but we kept it going and isn't that enough!

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I think that the poster concerned intends that suggestion to be considered in the context of the other suggestions in his post tbh, but we might at this stage (since the plan is published anyway) call a a halt to what over in Commuting and Transport they’d call “crayons on a map” at the point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement